The Squad Availability 06 - 02 - 2014

trooper

Aye. Hope this can change when Remy and Gouffran return on either wings with De Jong up front.

I think Tiote is massively important for our forward play as well.

Anita can find a few key passes, but only if he has time & he's not trying to do Tiote's job.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt, Tiote's performances were key when we were doing well.

Also be interesting to see who is dropped when Tiote and Remy return. Anita, HBA or De Jong? Knowing Pardew he'll probably stick Remy back upfront and drop De Jong.

Also be interesting to see who is dropped when Tiote and Remy return. Anita, HBA or De Jong? Knowing Pardew he'll probably stick Remy back upfront and drop De Jong.

Well Remy is top scorer with 11 this season so far so I could see the logic in that.

I'd guess it'd be;

Krul

Debuchy Willo Taylor Santon

Sissoko Anita Tiote

HBA Remy

de Jong

... or;

Krul

Santon Willo Taylor Haidara/Dummett

:lol: ffs

Edited by The Fish

That we had Gosling on the pitch is a sure sign that things are in bad shape.

On a brighter note Marvauex was brilliant especially with that great layoff for Chelsea's chance. My only criticism is that he just stood still after giving the ball. Pass and move son. Anyway, that's not his go tracking back is what he does best like two minutes later when he thwarted our best chance of the game by calmly putting the ball out for a goal kick. Class shines through under pressure. I can see why CT rates him so highly.

Gosling isn't even championship standard yet he gets game time, Ameobi is in the same bracket. Marveaux needs to move to Ligue 2 and Obertan couldn't get into spongebob's work 11. They shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. I dread to think what could happen next year.

Gosling isn't even championship standard yet he gets game time, Ameobi is in the same bracket. Marveaux needs to move to Ligue 2 and Obertan couldn't get into spongebob's work 11. They shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. I dread to think what could happen next year.

Or if we get another 1 or 2 injuries were just about on the bones of our arse regarding the squad.

Let him go. 28 with a fuckload of weaknesses.

We would be mad to let him go yes he has a 1 good game in 10 at the moment but think back to the unbelievable goals he has scored and the goals he has created, its the flair that he adds to the team.

He needs better players around him who think like him so in turn the link up play becomes better!!

Pardew said: People say our season is over which is an insult to our professionalism. I do expect we will have all our bodies who matter to us for Aston Villa in a fortnight. We have one game to knuckle down and see if we can get a win.

'You are never safe from relegation until you have 40 points so we are not safe and we have professional pride. The Manchester United-Fulham result cheered me up because it gives us a chance to catch them. Finishing above them would be a hell of an achievement, so that is the incentive for us.

Theyre directly above us, thats why Ive picked them out, not because of what is happening David Moyes, who is a big pal of mine. Hes handling that situation very well. They happen to be the team directly in front of us.

It would be quite a scalp for us. People say we have no incentive, but we have a professional incentive and I dont like to hear it. It irritates me as manager of Newcastle.

When we finished fifth that season what was the incentive then? Was it Champions League? There was a point in that season, in January, February when everyone had written us off saying the season was over. Then we went on that amazing run, and Im not saying were going to do that again, but at the minute its a little bit premature to write us off.

We have to stoke the fans passions with results. When weve got all our players available, were a tough nut to crack and weve proved that against Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham this year.

Would Pardew be facing anywhere near the abuse he gets if he weren't the one wheeled out to face the press? If it was left to Carver maybe?

Hughton fed the press precisely diddly squat whereas Pardew has an ability to talk shit, sometimes arselick our owner and generally be his apologist and that's before you even question his tactics. I've said before, he's his own worst enemy, if anything he should've had our sympathy and has had our sympathy but the cup exits and the derby record would've seen any other Newcastle United manager either sacked or his contract not renewed.

Hughton fed the press precisely diddly squat whereas Pardew has an ability to talk shit, sometimes arselick our owner and generally be his apologist and that's before you even question his tactics. I've said before, he's his own worst enemy, if anything he should've had our sympathy and has had our sympathy but the cup exits and the derby record would've seen any other Newcastle United manager either sacked or his contract not renewed.

And Hughton was fired.

And Hughton was fired.

:lol:

So what?

You're asking why Pardew is facing abuse and seem to be saying it's because he's the only one being wheeled out?( I'm not one of Chez's NASA scientists so might not be getting your point).

:lol:

So what?

You're asking why Pardew is facing abuse and seem to be saying it's because he's the only one being wheeled out?( I'm not one of Chez's NASA scientists so might not be getting your point).

My point is that maybe Pardew is toeing the party line because he saw what happened to the guys who haven't. We're the biggest gig Pardew is ever going to get. He's a limited manager and deserves scrutiny and criticism when it's due, but the level of abuse he receives is (imo) because he's the face we see. If Ashley was more like rent-a-quote Whelan, then I'm sure Pardew would be held in higher regard.

I'm saying if you judge him solely on the football (and there are mitigating circumstances for that as well), he's all right and the best we're gonna get under Ashley.

At the derby he blamed the fans for " getting on the players backs" then at yesterdays press conference " he understands why the fans are so passionate" wtf's that ? The blokes that far up Ashley's arse with his "this ones for Mike" crap and "we never said we'd replace Cabaye this window" If he's going to keep coming out with these nuggets of wisdom what does he expect oh and I nearly forgot the classic "trust me".