Remy Cabella - signs from Montpellier

Monroe Transfer

Oh come off it Tooj, the number of sitters cisse has wasted since his ridiculous dip is higher than the number of goals hes scored.

Hes shot.

Nah not having it.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprisingly I'm in full agreement with ct on the Remy front. My opinion of all footballers is so low that I now couldn't give a fuck about them. All I want is to see them do the business for us. Not that I think he'll be back like.

I also agree with tooj about cisse. Yes he's missed chances but the amounts of shite service he's had is staggering. As is pardews decision to play him wide. He gets caught offside so much because he's making good runs that no one has been able to spot quickly enough. He's lost all confidence in the service he's going to get and that's effected him. Hopefully if Cabella and De Jong can provide some consistency there he'll flourish again.

Who else is really after him? They held on because he went to the World Cup and thought some new parties would come in, he didn't play a minute so it was still just us.

i don't get it like, if he's hot property and hasn't had any "issues" with the club, why the fuck (money aside because surely we can be beaten there as well) would he want to come here

So he can get a move to a proper big club in a couple of years like Cabaye. This is our place now under Ashley. We're a stepping stone club for players that want to play on the premier league stage and put themselves in the shop window. Even if Carr unearths a rare gem from the French league, they feel no affinity to the club and as soon as they assess the lack of ambition and a big club comes calling they'll be off. We're attractive in hither sense that the wages are better than in France and the exposure is greater. Any player that does well here though is unlikely to stay more than two or three years the the cycle continues.

How many times do you see it through the years though? Player X goes somewhere and you think he'd have been ideal for a Champions League or title winning club. I know our lot spout shite about agents fees. But all it takes is the right agent getting their own financial deal and being good enough to convince the player or his family to choose a particular club.

Arsenal were at a point, but you'd think if he's up for grabs at what we know we're going to be paying he'd have more options, especially salary wise if he is using us as a stepping stone.

Know rightly a shit club will still offer more per week than us if they could sign someone like this.

Southhampton/qpr etc all could match the fee we'll pay and will beat us on wage as well , just seems odd that we have zero competition from the likes of that level of club

If you to factor in regular football. Would be a bit part player at Arsenal.