Remy Cabella - signs from Montpellier

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Cabella turns up looking like he's wearing a fat suit, there's a good chance he won't get picked as well. If he keeps his nose clean and his stomach flat, he should be alright.

Looks to be an exciting player, and we've shelled out a fair chunk again - after De Jong. Also mumblings a of a number of others to follow this week. Yes, we're making these signings because we have to, but, they're good players who should be enjoyable to watch. If we continue in this vein, and get what we need, I'll be quite content going into the season.

Aye, Pardew is shite and all that. But we are where we are.

Why sign a player of Ben Arfa's ilk when we never play Ben Arfa?

After a season of cameos, Pardew won't play him.

Honestly man, why would you be so desperate to find negatives in this? Not only you, obviously, but it was the latest example. Why is Cabella 'of Ben Arfa's ilk'? Because he's got a few tricks? Doesn't that Bleacher Report article praise him for his work rate and closing down?

Looks to be an exciting player, and we've shelled out a fair chunk again - after De Jong. Also mumblings a of a number of others to follow this week. Yes, we're making these signings because we have to, but, they're good players who should be enjoyable to watch. If we continue in this vein, and get what we need, I'll be quite content going into the season.

Aye, Pardew is shite and all that. But we are where we are.

Just the men to get the points on the board even earlier to guarantee a 10th place finish so we can stop playing in December this season instead of January

Just the men to get the points on the board even earlier to guarantee a 10th place finish so we can stop playing in December this season instead of January

Second half of the season is overrated. I start to lose interest in December.

In all seriousness, that's happened once. Believing it to be an intentional ploy is to credit Alan and the gang. In reality, it was a byproduct of a catastrophic drop in the motivation of our better players, after the Cabaye sale had signalled our hideous lack of desire to build on a good first few months.

It's just as likely that we could be fighting relegation for the whole season, or pushing for fourth by the last day. With better players, we've got more chance of the latter, or at least seeing us getting results rather than not. Unlike many, I don't cry all the way home on the metro after a win, devastated that a victory has extended a nasty man's tenure at the helm of my club.

Edited by Inochi