Remy Cabella - signs from Montpellier

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy about this (from what I've read about him) and a few more purple signings (especially an excellent striker) will really have me looking forward to next season.

Hopefully we can move on some of the deadwood this month as well.

Seems to be strong whispers of another signing about to cross that line.

All it takes is a hint of ambition to generate excitement ahead of the new season. There's nowt wrong with that, regardless of what you make of the regime, and whether you're a contrary tit. We're all football fans at the end of the day and want to see Newcastle sign quality players and play good football. By all accounts cabella an de jong will improve the side. Three more like that please

Was more the twitter crowd creaming themselves , ct it's expected from but the amount of people fooled by one signing while Debuchy and Co are ushered out the back door is insane

To be fair if they immediately replace Debuchy with Janmaat, I'll be giving them some rare credit.

Was more the twitter crowd creaming themselves , ct it's expected from but the amount of people fooled by one signing while Debuchy and Co are ushered out the back door is insane

Surely not the same twitter crowd that were campaigning for the removal of the 'board' and manager? It's been amusing to see a growing number of accounts that had previously cancelled their season tickets, and vowed never to return under Ashley or Pardew, talking of seeing a couple of shiny new signings in the flesh.

The best ones are those that - after excitedly commenting for days on end about the prospect of signing these players - suddenly regain their senses, and declare that they're not even bothered, as 'he'll get pardewed anyway'. Their passion for all things Newcastle has been destroyed, they have no interest anymore - yet they still feel the need to comment by the minute, day after day.

Edited by Inochi

Aye, fair enough if you've had enough, just dont try and drag everyone with you.

There's plenty that goes on around the club that's craps but most genuine fans will welcome decent signings that make you look forward to the new season.

Any fan who is not looking forward to see this Cabella lad play needs to have a word with themself.

Jamaat looks like he's coming today and surely a big striker will arrive.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Supposed to have signed a 6 year deal might as well be a 6 months because once he reads the script he'll want to be away just like Debuchy. Hopefull he'll do well here and not use us as a stepping stone but there's always that nagging doubt that he wont be fully committed to 6 years at the club.

Fuck me, I thought when Trooper posted that he was being sarcastic. Do we honestly needs a list of thank yous every time the club does what it is supposed to do?

Big thanks to Mike for letting the club spend its own money.

“I’d like to pay tribute to my staff and in particular Graham (Carr), myself, Lee (Charnley), Mike (Ashley) and everyone on the board, who worked really hard for this one."

I knew he'd ruin this for me.

is that a genuine quote? :lol:

Even if it's on an internet stream or Sky Sports I'll be excited to see this lad play for United. I'm not sure how we're going to balance the team but I can see Cabella on the right & perhaps De Jong behind the striker in a 4231.

Supposed to have signed a 6 year deal might as well be a 6 months because once he reads the script he'll want to be away just like Debuchy. Hopefull he'll do well here and not use us as a stepping stone but there's always that nagging doubt that he wont be fully committed to 6 years at the club.

The six years has little to do with how long they'll be at the club. I'm almost certain that all such signings have effective buy-out clauses that allow them to leave to champions league sides. Anyway, looking forward to him playing for us.

Dont get me wrong he'll be good for us I just question these 6 year contracts. You know fine well if CL football comes sniffing round he'll be away look at Cabaye he had 3 years left Debuchy has 4 years left yet the club just rolls over and lets them go.

He didn't get the lip on until Arsenal showed interest after the season had started and his head was turned. He then refused to play until he was promised he could go in the January window.

Even if it's on an internet stream or Sky Sports I'll be excited to see this lad play for United. I'm not sure how we're going to balance the team but I can see Cabella on the right & perhaps De Jong behind the striker in a 4231.

Mike will be thrilled with a 4231, a great way to minimise what we need to spend on expensive strikers, switch to a system with one.

JUST ENJOY THE PLAYER WE'VE SIGNED MAN :banana:

It'll take more than him for these cunts to win me round this time.

Perez, Xisco, Cisse, Best. The strikers we've paid a fee for since Ashley bought the club. When he sorts that abomination out I'll be more optimistic.