Remy Cabella - signs from Montpellier

Monroe Transfer

I'm not saying let them win you round - they haven't won me round I'm just going to enjoy watching a talented player play rather than think about whether or not they're going to sell him 20 months.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying let them win you round - they haven't won me round I'm just going to enjoy watching a talented player play rather than think about whether or not they're going to sell him 20 months.

I think our fans need to control themselves a little bit. We're ran by a set of clowns that are always looking to do the minimum. If they get wind of optimism they'll reign that spending right in!

I think our fans need to control themselves a little bit. We're ran by a set of clowns that are always looking to do the minimum. If they get wind of optimism they'll reign that spending right in!

They don't care what the fans think man. :lol:

They don't care what the fans think man. :lol:

They don't whilst the stadium's full. They're obviously a bit sensitive to crowds dropping though and the negative press it'd bring, given that they lied about how many hadn't renewed and keep putting super special offers on to get the numbers up. There'll be people buying them on the back of these couple of signings and that'll be job done for them.

We've still got a worse team than we started last season with.

Just got a mental image of a barometer with 'What fans think' written on it and Mashley tapping the glass and it not moving.

This is how it is ...

We've got the player we've chased for 18 months

We've got De Jong's better brother

We've got Jinger Jack from down the road

We've got some 2nd division Spanish kid

Doesn't look so good when it's altogether does it ?

I don't see how anyone can be unhappy with this. Unless you want to see us be absolute shite then this has got to be positive.

Does it make Ashley any less of a cunt? No of course not. Does it make Pardew a good manager? No he's fucking useless. But it's better for us to have some players with attacking ability on board for next season (for a lot of 2014 we've pretty much had fuck all). Yes we need a couple of strikers (personally I still have faith in Cisse but he's out until October and he needs competition and help) but I actually do think it's inconceivble that we'll go into the season without getting at least one. And it actually seems that we're holding off on the inevitable sale of Debuchy until we have a replacement sorted.

No matter how much you hate the regime, you have to be happier with the way our transfer activity is looking this summer than it has been for a long time.

It doesn't mean that we're actually going to change into a club that wants to try and win things or even hang on to our best players. But it at least should allow us to get some enjoyment out of going to the match.

Spot on :up:

It might even give me some motivation to actually go to one as well - I'll always end up at 5 or 6 but I went to about 10 less last season than the season before.

We have a better manager than some give credit for. He's no Wenger or Ferguson, I admit...but I have faith in him to do a good job over the long term. He's not forced to get rid of players like has has done in his other management stints. The only players that are sold, are those that aren't good enough or wanted out, which is very few when you think about it.

We are getting players signing for us because they have heard good things about the club from outgoing players, and that obviously includes Cabaye. If we were is the dissaray that some fans think we are in, then these players would avoid us like the plague.

I don't see how anyone can be unhappy with this. Unless you want to see us be absolute shite then this has got to be positive.

Does it make Ashley any less of a cunt? No of course not. Does it make Pardew a good manager? No he's fucking useless. But it's better for us to have some players with attacking ability on board for next season (for a lot of 2014 we've pretty much had fuck all). Yes we need a couple of strikers (personally I still have faith in Cisse but he's out until October and he needs competition and help) but I actually do think it's inconceivble that we'll go into the season without getting at least one. And it actually seems that we're holding off on the inevitable sale of Debuchy until we have a replacement sorted.

No matter how much you hate the regime, you have to be happier with the way our transfer activity is looking this summer than it has been for a long time.

It doesn't mean that we're actually going to change into a club that wants to try and win things or even hang on to our best players. But it at least should allow us to get some enjoyment out of going to the match.

exactly.

the owner's a cunt, the manager's useless and the club's going nowhere anytime soon. but you still have to be happy when we sign the odd decent player. i would like to start lookign forward to those saturday afternoon streams instead of dreading them like i did for the second half of last season.

Aye nail on the head there DK, the fact they seem to be holding off on the sale of Debuchy until they have Janmaat in is very positive and gives me hope they've learnt from the Cabaye sale. Of course they're still a bunch of cunts and aye he is looking to turn a profit but I'd rather not think about when De Jong, Cabella and Janmaat (provided he signs) will be leaving when they've just walked in the door. At the very least we have some lads that will be worth watching.

In all honesty I don't really care what the fee is...

I don't, providing we address all of the gaps in our squad. We won't though. Remember last summer when the window closed and we all went off it because we hadn't signed a striker? We're our best 3 players lighter than we were then. 4 if you consider that Ben Arfa was in the frame then. We've brought in two that look decent signings but honestly, I can't see being as good as what they're replacing. We're considerably worse off than we were at the end of the last transfer summer window when we were all seething. We've made some progress but nothing near what we need, and history teaches me to expect the worst from these cunts.

It's not really a new thing though is it? When was the last time we addressed all the gaps in our squad?

No it's not new, but it doesn't make it acceptable. I think they've definitely got the lower expectations they were aiming for though. Perhaps that's what the last 2 windows were all about. I just can't get excited about fielding a worse team that last year given how dejected we all felt after last summer, because that's what they want.

I'm happy about the quality of players brought in thus far & with the club generally being an omnishambles I'm happy to focus on the positives till they give me something proper to twist about and I know they will.

Regards saying it's 'not new' by the way - I'm implying it was pre Ashley. We've never had massive squads really.