Paying Board

Christmas Tree

depends if you need it or not, if not then take a token sum and stick it away for them for the inevitable events of wedding/house deposit/new car if they're prone to pissing it away on shiney crap, unless they're good with saving then no point.

Aye, this is what my parents did because they knew, even from an early age, I'm a right stupid twat when it comes to money

I did pay the moment I started working as did my six other brothers and sisters. Of course we are going back some time which is why I'm wondering what the current lay of the land is.

In an ideal world if I was wealthy I wouldn't even consider it, but as I'm not and given my upbringing, I'm feeling swayed towards asking for a contribution.

I did pay the moment I started working as did my six other brothers and sisters. Of course we are going back some time which is why I'm wondering what the current lay of the land is.

In an ideal world if I was wealthy I wouldn't even consider it, but as I'm not and given my upbringing, I'm feeling swayed towards asking for a contribution.

Can you make sure you consult us for every parenting issue you face? It could save your little'uns decades of confusion and pain :good:

;)

can't believe a 50yr old asks us shite like this on a daily basis

fwiw as well weren't you considering buying a £300-400 roomba? but you're not well off? :lol:

He's poverty stricken man, he can only afford to switch hobbies every month and holiday in Venice. No solid gold Bentley for the likes of him! Poor bugger

Should we do a telethon for him?

When I lived at home during my placement year at uni I paid my parents 10% of my gross. Same applied when I lived at home after graduating. I think pretty much all of my friends who didn't move out straight away did similar as well. I don't see that there is anything wrong with it. If they complain, well, its still a shit load cheaper than the alternative.

Yeah I paid board when I was at home and working it just gets you used to paying your way when you get out in the big bad world. Mind you when you think it's only a token sum as to what it really costs. I remember when the eldest daughter (she's 29 now) got her first flat we got a phone call saying the electric bill had come in "who pays that" she asked my wife "you do" she replied and the gas bill and water rates etc. The daughter went in a right huff saying "I'll never be able to afford a night out now"

Yeah I paid board when I was at home and working it just gets you used to paying your way when you get out in the big bad world. Mind you when you think it's only a token sum as to what it really costs. I remember when the eldest daughter (she's 29 now) got her first flat we got a phone call saying the electric bill had come in "who pays that" she asked my wife "you do" she replied and the gas bill and water rates etc. The daughter went in a right huff saying "I'll never be able to afford a night out now"

:lol: