Have you had enough yet ?

trooper

No, I'm claiming Pardew's limitations were clear before Cabaye left. He went on a similar run of losing 10 out of 13 last season as well.

Cabaye played West Brom and Swansea and Hull. He's a big miss for those games he could lift us, but he isn't coming back is he, so if we're forgiving performances like last night, like the Mackems and like Cardiff (because we were without Cabaye) then we only have a fuckload more shite to look forward to.

This

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you've lost enough money due to Newcastle this week ;)

Bar the 5th Finish, you have to go back over ten years to find us in a better league position at this point in the season !

Things have changed. Call it what you want ashley has basically started to asset strip the club.

Theres no ambition other than to stay in the division, ofcourse there's a pipeline dream to qualify for the champions league but it would never happen. The best we can hope for is to retain PL status until such a time when ashleys is happy with the money hes taken back out of the club and sells up.

Think you've lost enough money due to Newcastle this week ;)

Bar the 5th Finish, you have to go back over ten years to find us in a better league position at this point in the season !

Bar nothing you have to go back to 1987 to find a worse run of results don't you?

This what? The post was convoluted bollocks and in response to a very clear fact. We've got shitter since Cabaye left. HF was arguing it made no difference. This my fucking arse.

Yikes. I read it as pardews limitations were clear before cabaye left. Edited by JaMoUsE

This what? The post was convoluted bollocks and in response to a very clear fact. We've got shitter since Cabaye left. HF was arguing it made no difference. This my fucking arse.

I wasn't arguing that Cabaye's departure made no difference at all. I'm saying Pardew was already struggling with a bad run of results even with him in the team.

Cabaye leaving didn't force Pardew to play Taylor ahead of Mbiwa, to watch him try and fail to pass it out of defence time and again crumbling under any iota of pressure.

Or to have Santon on corners and Williamson as the main target man in the box. Leaving Debuchy to get pulled over to the left to cover for them as the lone defender so we were bent all out of shape for every counter attack from a faster, stronger, fitter, opponent.

To have players so lacking in any understanding of what they were doing in his "system" and so incapable of communication that they repeatedly challenged each other for headers without a Spurs player anywhere close. Players so lacking in motivation that they were second to every loose ball, easily muscled out of possession, failed to even attempt any recovery when they did lose it and could barely muster an off the ball run to receive a pass when we did have it.

After Cabaye departed I credited Pardew with the Norwich performance. He seemed to have used the opportunity to galvanize our entire midfield into believing it was their chance to step up. Looks more and more like those players had their spirits lifted by their own notions of going onto bigger and better and Pardew has brought them all back down to earth with a bang. Only Sammy retained any of that enthusiasm.

Looks more and more like those players had their spirits lifted by their own notions of going onto bigger and better and Pardew has brought them all back down to earth with a bang.

This is the crux of your argument. It kind of sounds like bollocks. I agree with all the rest of that post fwiw but would only add that being second to the ball and being easily out-muscled etc seems to be a trait he can instill in the team as we have shown going to toe to toe with some top sides this year.

Selling Cabaye has had a huge psychological impact on everyone. You mentioned the poor run of 8 games, 4 since Cabaye left. Couldnt give a fuck what anyone says, ignoring that 2 of those previous 4 games were against the (then) 2 best sides in the league is just lazy.

I wasn't arguing that Cabaye's departure made no difference at all. I'm saying Pardew was already struggling with a bad run of results even with him in the team.

Cabaye leaving didn't force Pardew to play Taylor ahead of Mbiwa, to watch him try and fail to pass it out of defence time and again crumbling under any iota of pressure.

Or to have Santon on corners and Williamson as the main target man in the box. Leaving Debuchy to get pulled over to the left to cover for them as the lone defender so we were bent all out of shape for every counter attack from a faster, stronger, fitter, opponent.

To have players so lacking in any understanding of what they were doing in his "system" and so incapable of communication that they repeatedly challenged each other for headers without a Spurs player anywhere close. Players so lacking in motivation that they were second to every loose ball, easily muscled out of possession, failed to even attempt any recovery when they did lose it and could barely muster an off the ball run to receive a pass when we did have it.

After Cabaye departed I credited Pardew with the Norwich performance. He seemed to have used the opportunity to galvanize our entire midfield into believing it was their chance to step up. Looks more and more like those players had their spirits lifted by their own notions of going onto bigger and better and Pardew has brought them all back down to earth with a bang. Only Sammy retained any of that enthusiasm.

The whole defence just falls to bits whenever Coloccini isnt there. Thats a credit to Colo's organisational abilities but you have to wonder what goes on in the heads of the rest of our defenders, most of whom are in the latter stages of their careers and really ought to have a bit more composure by now. Is it just because we have a shit coaching team or are these players well and truly shite and would be the same under any coach?

What hope is there for the likes of Santon, Mbiwa, Sissoko, Anita to develop into something decent? Judging by Santon's recent performances you have to say fuck all.

This is the crux of your argument. It kind of sounds like bollocks. I agree with all the rest of that post fwiw but would only add that being second to the ball and being easily out-muscled etc seems to be a trait he can instill in the team as we have shown going to toe to toe with some top sides this year.

Selling Cabaye has had a huge psychological impact on everyone. You mentioned the poor run of 8 games, 4 since Cabaye left. Couldnt give a fuck what anyone says, ignoring that 2 of those previous 4 games were against the (then) 2 best sides in the league is just lazy.

I didn't ignore it. No more than you've ignored that the other 2 teams were among the worst sides in the league. 3 if you include Cardiff in the cup as well.

Weather is nice. A lot of our land is above the water. Ashley is still a prick from here though. ;)

Weather is nice. A lot of our land is above the water. Ashley is still a prick from here though. ;)

Precisely, and I get to avoid finding out the result, so I can watch after work, only to watch that crap - cheese-eating surrender monkeys :whiteflag: