Scots Money

Rob W

You're preaching to the converted man. I would fucking love the opportunity to cast a vote that freed us from Westminster. Realistically though, you're gonna end up with some other bunch of cunts running the place and your financial future is a complete unknown, which at the very least should give you pause for thought.

As much as I don't want you to vote yes for the sake of the North East, I would love you to vote for independence just to give the V's to Westminster. If I was Scottish and the No vote won, I think it would always feel like a horrible missed opportunity. I'm fucked if I know what the right answer is, as you've probably gathered.

While no one wants to see a situation where food banks are needed and of course the UK government has to take a lot of the blame I think the idea that an independent Scotland will be some sort of social utopia is very misguided.

Aye so do I. Politicians are gonna be involved however it works out, and inevitably they're gonna be a bunch of arseholes. I can totally see the attraction in wanting to fuck England off and just give it a blast though. It might well go tits up, but it's not exactly utopia at the minute now either.

Aye but if it goes tits up then it could be a lot worse than it is now, while the UK hasn't had it great the past few years there are a lot of smaller countries who have suffered much more. One of the advantages of the union is being able to absorb economic shocks that a country of Scotland's size may not be able to should they go it alone.

Aye but if it goes tits up then it could be a lot worse than it is now, while the UK hasn't had it great the past few years there are a lot of smaller countries who have suffered much more. One of the advantages of the union is being able to absorb economic shocks that a country of Scotland's size may not be able to should they go it alone.

My thoughts too. It was hard to disagree with Cameron today, something I don't like saying.

The vote is going to change a lot of things in the medium term I think. Within a decade I think Westminster will be almost exclusively an English parliament. Whether it's still in the EU is a bigger question. I think a "yes" on Thursday guarantees a lurch to the right in England and whoever is in charge of the Tories next year having to promise a vote on coming out as Cameron has mentioned, then apparently went back on.

EU is a bigger threat than Scotland. But the EU will implode over the next 5 years (hopefully)...German national debt is growing....They'll have trouble over the next lot of bailouts. The German people are getting a bit sick of it as well. This is going to be a real test for the political elite and banking class...Wether the big game of centralisation can be pulled off in this cycle.

Edited by Park Life

they had the chance to have this option on a three option ballot (yes/no/devomax)- but thought they'd walk it as a 'no' only so cameron said fek off to devo max option - hence the panic with empty promises with 2 days on the front cover of a totally discredited red-top rag - might sway a few but anyone with sh*t for brains should see it for what it is - had a solid year long 'no' at work today who saw it, said fuk orf and then declared she was changing to Yes as she was sick of 'those fannies'.

The problem with this vote is that there will be an awful lot of fuckwits who've never been involved with a ballot in their life voting with their heart rather than their head.

That's what we call democracy though :lol:

And if you want to drag me into sweepingly general comparisons you lot in spud land have only just stopped shooting and bombing each other to get your own way so you've no room to judge another groups wishes or desires, or how they achieve them.

The problem with this vote is that there will be an awful lot of fuckwits who've never been involved with a ballot in their life voting with their heart rather than their head.

perhaps you should read the Monbiot article posted above - then ask who is the 'fuckwit' - perhaps indeed it is yourself as you still clearly don't get it

as for the Americans being better informed it's perhaps more to do with the UK's bumchum being dissolved and USA not having a 'special friend' to do their bidding

That's what we call democracy though :lol:

And if you want to drag me into sweepingly general comparisons you lot in spud land have only just stopped shooting and bombing each other to get your own way so you've no room to judge another groups wishes or desires, or how they achieve them.

Come again? You aren't seriously trying to draw a comparison between the two political situations. Think about it.