Scots Money

Rob W

Gove knows he’s not going to be pulled up on spectacularly owning up to costing this country umpteen billions due to Brexit. They’ll only care when there’s consequences. He knows it’s fuckin nonsense. He can also see the opinion polls. We’re worse than the US. I keep saying it but to me it’s important...Trump lost the popular vote twice. We’re utterly fucked.

• Like 4

Have the tories ever won the popular vote (as in >50%) or ever polled as highly as Trump? I'm not disagreeing we're in the shit, but I think that's more because we are a small country vulnerable to external threats. In contrast the US is a superpower relatively immune to externalities but more at risk of existential threat from within imo. 

• Like 2

On 02/02/2021 at 12:24, Rayvin said:

Yeah I get it - I'm not actually sure if I think the SNP are an inherently poor party though, they seem to do alright over some issues.

Have done a bit of reading on Cherry - does sound like a TERF - not sure at all why TERFs won't just accept that trans women are women in every sense and just crack on with more allies in the cause but there we go.

As for Sturgeon, this is very likely a internal political move as you say, so on that note I find it disappointing.

Every sense? 

6 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Every sense? 

I just mean it's a really pointless and divisive argument from their point of view that does neither side any favours whatsoever.

I think Meenz is right about why it happens.