Pardew Approval Rating

trophyshy

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A load of Rubbish Fish. Most football owners are going to be extremely happy to aim for 6th to 8th. The chances of getting a new owner who wants to splurge all those extra millions to push for Champions League are extremely remote.

More likely we end up with Venky types.

No it's not, and that you state that it is, further proves your lack of ability to comprehend. I'm not saying we should definitely be gunning for Champions League, you dolt. It's not either/or. I'm saying that Mike Ashley could have us gunning for Europa and for trophies. Even if he stuck to the previous recruitment model, it would cost him buttons, but he'd rather be assured of 6th - 8th.

I'm all for finishing 6th-8th, if that's the highest we can finish. I don't want an owner bankrupting himself and the club reaching for targets that are simply beyond our capabilities. I just cannot tolerate an owner whose stated ambition is fixed. 6th to 10th, don't risk taking the cups seriously.

Unfortunately, there's bum all I can do, I haven't a Season Ticket to cancel, I don't shop at Sports Direct, so if I were to boycott the shop, they'd not notice.

To claim you're happy (or simply to claim you're not appalled) with Mike Ashley's stewardship; is either wummery (my bet), or idiocy.

No it's not, and that you state that it is, further proves your lack of ability to comprehend. I'm not saying we should definitely be gunning for Champions League, you dolt. It's not either/or. I'm saying that Mike Ashley could have us gunning for Europa and for trophies. Even if he stuck to the previous recruitment model, it would cost him buttons, but he'd rather be assured of 6th - 8th.

I'm all for finishing 6th-8th, if that's the highest we can finish. I don't want an owner bankrupting himself and the club reaching for targets that are simply beyond our capabilities. I just cannot tolerate an owner whose stated ambition is fixed. 6th to 10th, don't risk taking the cups seriously.

Unfortunately, there's bum all I can do, I haven't a Season Ticket to cancel, I don't shop at Sports Direct, so if I were to boycott the shop, they'd not notice.

To claim you're happy (or simply to claim you're not appalled) with Mike Ashley's stewardship; is either wummery (my bet), or idiocy.

Show me where the ambition is stated as fixed at 6th to 10th?

Even more stupid a remark given we finished 5th the year before last.

Aye and they learned their fucking lesson didn't they?

Well given Pardew blamed the shit season on Europe and given all the additions last January and Remy in the summer, Ashley may have been under the impression that we would again have a decent season this time round.

Is it Ashleys fault that Ben Arfa, Sisokko, Santon, Cisse etc have all been poor?

I think it's fairly obvious that had those players performed as they should, then we would be in a very strong position today, heading into a fairly comfortable run in.

To argue anything different is pure stupidity or wummary.

Who's job is it to ensure our players are performing at the best of their abilities, CT?

Pardews, who if recall I wanted gone last Autumn when I could see relegation looming and was called a "drama queen" - PL

I'm more than happy for him to be replaced. All I have pointed out today is that with first teamers back and a fairly easy run in, he could still qualify for Europe....... Would we look stupid sacking a manager who qualified for Europe 2 out of 3 seasons? :lol:

Well given Pardew blamed the shit season on Europe and given all the additions last January and Remy in the summer, Ashley may have been under the impression that we would again have a decent season this time round.

And what did they do to make sure it wasn't "too decent"?

"Alan Pardew's players can win a bonus for themselves, and club employees, for finishing in the top ten this season.

"

There's the ambition being stated as top half (1st - 10th).

"

Pardew said: ‘All the Europa League managers in the Premier League this season got sacked this year, not surprisingly.

‘I don’t think playing on the Sunday after the Thursday night that you can get to the level as a team for the Premier League and I’ve been saying that ever since Stoke warned me when we went in it.’

There's Pardew implicitly stating we don't want Europa (Leaving 6th and below)

"Alan Pardew's players can win a bonus for themselves, and club employees, for finishing in the top ten this season.

"

There's the ambition being stated as top half (1st - 10th).

"

Pardew said: ‘All the Europa League managers in the Premier League this season got sacked this year, not surprisingly.

‘I don’t think playing on the Sunday after the Thursday night that you can get to the level as a team for the Premier League and I’ve been saying that ever since Stoke warned me when we went in it.’

There's Pardew implicitly stating we don't want Europa (Leaving 6th and below)

So then :lol:

1. Thats not the owner.

2. Pardew also said this a few weeks ago.

"I want to finish higher than fifth. That's my best finish as a manager in the Premier League and I want to beat that."
;)

So then :lol:

1. Thats not the owner.

2. Pardew also said this a few weeks ago.

"I want to finish higher than fifth. That's my best finish as a manager in the Premier League and I want to beat that."
;)

You cannot be this stupid.

You cannot be this stupid.

Thats your usual remark when your caught out.

You say the owner has stated we must finish no higher than sixth. When asked to back this up you post Pardew complaining about how tough the Europa competition is.

You dear boy, are the one being stupid.

Thats your usual remark when your caught out.

You say the owner has stated we must finish no higher than sixth. When asked to back this up you post Pardew complaining about how tough the Europa competition is.

You dear boy, are the one being stupid.

No, it's my usual remark when entering into discourse with you. Because you're stupid. And say stupid things.

Ashley sets the targets, Ashley sets the budgets, Ashley sells the players, Ashley doesn't buy the players. Pardew can dream about winning the fucking league if he likes, he's not going to do it at Newcastle while Ashley is in charge, because Mike Ashley is only ever going to provide uenough funds to attain top half finishes. That is his target.

If Ashley wanted to finish higher, he'd have backed the manager when we got it the first time, he'd have backed the manager to enable us the best opportunity to get back into the Europa. He didn't. It's obvious to every single man jack of us that Mike Ashley doesn't value European competition because it costs x to get into the competition and returns <x in prize/sponsor/tv money.

Same with the domestic cups.

2 Transfers windows and not a single 1st team player bought and we're shorn of the experienced squad players. Aye, Ashley definitely wants to aim higher than 6th.

No, it's my usual remark when entering into discourse with you. Because you're stupid. And say stupid things.

Ashley sets the targets, Ashley sets the budgets, Ashley sells the players, Ashley doesn't buy the players. Pardew can dream about winning the fucking league if he likes, he's not going to do it at Newcastle while Ashley is in charge, because Mike Ashley is only ever going to provide uenough funds to attain top half finishes. That is his target.

If Ashley wanted to finish higher, he'd have backed the manager when we got it the first time, he'd have backed the manager to enable us the best opportunity to get back into the Europa. He didn't. It's obvious to every single man jack of us that Mike Ashley doesn't value European competition because it costs x to get into the competition and returns <x in prize/sponsor/tv money.

Same with the domestic cups.

2 Transfers windows and not a single 1st team player bought and we're shorn of the experienced squad players. Aye, Ashley definitely wants to aim higher than 6th.

Quite fucking true!

The club rep at a Fans Forum meeting earlier in the year let slip that Europe and cups were unwanted.

Look it up.

He said premier league survival was the priority ( a few months after nearly been relegated).

What the owner hasn't said is that we're not allowed to finish higher than 6th, which is what Fish has pulled out of his arse.

stay as it makes fuck all difference whos manager with mike just after free advertising and his money back. To those saying we are the same as lots of other clubs, I dont remember anyone elses having lawsuits and publically recorded scandal than what was shown in the keegan trial. Anyone who would willingly work under that isn't worth having, thus we have pards for the foreseeable.