Pardew Approval Rating

trophyshy

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay until the end of the season at least, and see where we are from there. While I think he is a victim of circumstance to some extent (he developed a good system with the resources he had, and a key part of that system was sold - of course he's going to need time to re-engineer the system), if he can't come up with a functional team by the end of the season then there's no point in continuing really.

I think that a better question would be 'Do you think that Pardew is doing a good job?' There is certainly room for people to think that he is doing a bad job but not wanting rid of him because of the potential replacements.

Pardews only a part of the problem a better poll would have been an Ashley approval rating

Completely unnecessary as only Leazes_Mag approves of Ashley and he's flounced.

Plus of course anyone is free to set up whatever poll they think is more pertinent, so fill yer boots lads.

It's not as simple as that for me. I don't think he's a good manager and Newcastle United can certainly do better, however it doesn't matter how good he is, as this owner wants 6-8th position in the Premier League. Is Pardew good enough to get us there? Yes, he probably is (every other season). So every season, once that's assured, our season is over and performances &* results will tail off.

A new owner takes over, should he go? Abso-tittyfucking-lutely

Under Ashley? What's the point? Even if we employed Mourinho, the aims wouldn't change. 6th to 8th.

Summed up well by Fish. Its just the reality of the situation. Pardew has his moments but on the whole I dont think he's a great manager. Same goes for the rest of our coaching team. Ashley's not going to try and invest in someone better though so its all very pointless.

It's not as simple as that for me. I don't think he's a good manager and Newcastle United can certainly do better, however it doesn't matter how good he is, as this owner wants 6-8th position in the Premier League. Is Pardew good enough to get us there? Yes, he probably is (every other season). So every season, once that's assured, our season is over and performances &* results will tail off.

Under Ashley? What's the point? Even if we employed Mourinho, the aims wouldn't change. 6th to 8th.

I agree with this. Although I dislike Pardew and think he's totally average at best.

A load of Rubbish Fish. Most football owners are going to be extremely happy to aim for 6th to 8th. The chances of getting a new owner who wants to splurge all those extra millions to push for Champions League are extremely remote.

More likely we end up with Venky types.

I have two current fears regarding the club.

#1 With the current state of affairs, if nothing changes what will happen next season.

#2 If we do change AP, who do we bring in and will it change anything or stop a slide.

A load of Rubbish Fish. Most football owners are going to be extremely happy to aim for 6th to 8th. The chances of getting a new owner who wants to splurge all those extra millions to push for Champions League are extremely remote.

With things as they are now can you see us actually finishing 6-8th next season? I know I cant.

I think he needs to go. He's ran his race here and it shows. He is not the main problem at the club of course, but he is a problem. I'd love to know how his teams, even in a good run, can get hammered so often and not just get beat. I'd also love to know why he thinks he's so 'unlucky' in the cups?

I think the current air of despair does still need to be taken in the context that we are in our best league position at this time of the year for nearly 10 years. (Bar the 5th Finish).

We also have a lot of very winnable games coming up in the next 9 games and lots of purple players returning.

We could yet see another good run giving us European football.

If you think Pardew should have got more / developed more from the likes of Ben Arfa, Sisokko, Santon, Mbwia, Cisse etc this season then you have to conclude that we should be doing even better already.

I think the current air of despair does still need to be taken in the context that we are in our best league position at this time of the year for nearly 10 years. (Bar the 5th Finish).

We also have a lot of very winnable games coming up in the next 9 games and lots of purple players returning.

If you think Pardew should have got more / developed more from the likes of Ben Arfa, Sisokko, Santon, Mbwia, Cisse etc this season then you have to conclude that we should be doing even better already.

CT, man, I agree to a point about the players missing but he looks a busted flush, man. The 'best for ten years' stuff does make me laugh a bit, though.

Needs to go. I wonder if the decision not to replace Kinnear was taken with a view to giving Pards the boot and getting in a manager who would have more control in the transfer market? Or is that wishful thinking? :lol:

anything positive is wishful thinking at this point.

I don't see how people wanting him gone are expecting anything better, and it could get a lot worse.

:nufc:

competing with the likes of everton would be nice.

Do you think the "current air of despair" has anything to do with 13 goals against us, 1 for in the last five games?

He's lost the players.

Time to go.

He could lose 3 derbys in a row, he could make zero progress in any domestic cup in 4 years, he could oversee our worst home defeat for 85 years, he could oversee our worst home run for 30 years and not get sacked. He could fail to utilise our best players & courtesy of poor tactics compromise the form of others, he could start Steven Taylor instead of a far superior £7m centre half etc etc....