Alex Turner's speech at the Brits

Dr Gloom

I used to love this band. And Turner came across like a sweet, humble kid. I still like their music, but it's not as good as their early stuff and now he comes across like a coked up Noel Gallagher wannabe, minus the charm.

We were watching this through our fingers on my sofa last night, it's so cringeworthy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDpiBCdAZr0&feature=youtu.be

Even the other three are standing behind him hoping that he shuts the fuck up. I don't mind the AM but it's hard to tell in interviews whether Turner is shy or just got nothing of interest to say.

I took as him taking the piss and being a bit dry but it going over the heads of all but a few. I took it as tongue in cheek.

I don't mind Alex Turner and if being a bit of an arse at an event (where corporate shills schmooze the talent in an effort to look "cool" by proxy, under a veil of an "Award ceremony") is the worst he gets, then I'm ok with that.

It's the Brits... we don't get enough genuine talents anymore, there are too many identi-kit popstars toppling off the Cowell conveyor belt for them to get the recognition they deserve, so when an individual turns up I'm not going to mind him being a bit different.

People on here watch this shit?

For shame.

:no

I'm guessing most people didn't watch the show but heard about the "controversy", so watched the clip on youtube and reacted to that.

thinks he's as cool as Josh Homme or The Strokes... he isn't he's just a knob with annoying music that pop fans lap up

The latest album is quality tbf. Imo obviously.

Unless you're talking about genuine manufactured crap, music snobbery is nonsense anyway.

I don't mind that. He's probably sat through a night of utter tedium and terrible music, he's clearly drunk and he's a frontman in a band and therefore meant to act the knob at these things.

Hadaway man. He's a fucking bellend, clear as day. He's not Brian Johnson or Keith Moon. He sings in an indie band from Yorkshire ffs