What age were you when you left home?

Gemmill

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on then. I was 22. Basically moved into my bird's house. Moved to America with her 2 years later and came home by myself 3 years after that.

She now lives in New Orleans. I live in Kingston Park.

Has New Orleans got a Tesco that does cooked Cumberland Sausage for £1.75 a go? Does it fuck! Kinky Park does, and it never has to evacuate its population when the North Sea gets emotional.

19. Flat in Newbiggin Hall. Few years of sharing with mates etc before lass moved in and fucked it all up. Bought house with her when I was 23 I think. (not lass I married)

18 for Uni - never went back. I was never one of those lads who particularly enjoyed being at home with parents, it felt restricting. With that said, I've been being shafted for rent for years now. Looking to buy soon (due to pressure from CT) and am shocked to report that Gideon's help to buy scheme is actually looking very helpful...

18 for Uni - never went back. I was never one of those lads who particularly enjoyed being at home with parents, it felt restricting. With that said, I've been being shafted for rent for years now. Looking to buy soon (due to pressure from CT) and am shocked to report that Gideon's help to buy scheme is actually looking very helpful...

There was never anything wrong with the concept of 95% mortgages imo - the problem was multipliers getting ridiculous putting people under pressure to make payments from the off.

There was never anything wrong with the concept of 95% mortgages imo - the problem was multipliers getting ridiculous putting people under pressure to make payments from the off.

Yeah guess so - not sure what the multiplier is currently but HSBC seems to suggest to me that it's at least x3. It's all a lot more affordable than I thought to be honest, assuming you can find a spare £20k for a deposit (or £10k now, thanks to Gid).

Edited by Rayvin

My Dad took a half shift off from Swans (unheard of!! - I was really touched) to wish me goodye and good luck when I left for Uni

"..remember, son, where ever you are this is always your home...."

and then 15 minutes later he drove past me without as much as a wave as I struggeld down to the station with 2 cases and a rucksack........................

I was 23 when I moved from South Shields to Ipswich for 14 months. Back to SS to finish my degree (i did a thick sandwich) then off Beverley when I was 25. Bought my house at 26 for the pricey sum of £38,500 and I'm still in it.

I was 23 when I moved from South Shields to Ipswich for 14 months. Back to SS to finish my degree (i did a thick sandwich) then off Beverley when I was 25. Bought my house at 26 for the pricey sum of £38,500 and I'm still in it.

I was born in Beverley and moved to South Shields within a couple of months. You must have been in Beverley when I was born, Jan. ;)

I was born in Beverley and moved to South Shields within a couple of months. You must have been in Beverley when I was born, Jan. ;)

Cheeky git........you are old enough to be my grandfather at least ! :bitchslap::PMT: