NUFC Accounts 12/13

Tooj

Across 13/14 NUFC disposed of the registrations for Harper, Simpson, Perch, Cabaye, Gosling, Shola and Tavernier.

Added Perez and Kemen.

Could you convince HMRC that constitutes a £25m cost to your squad value?

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just postulating but, would it not be better for the fat cunt to take a hit on tax so that his stranglehold on the club, ergo the unpaid loan, with which he is able to leverage free advertising for his Sports Direct brand (his first and only love) remained intact?

He's the 100% owner, he doesn't need any stranglehold more than that fact to do whatever he wants.

He's the 100% owner, he doesn't need any stranglehold more than that fact to do whatever he wants.

He's shown at Rangers what a relatively small interest free loan can get him and his shop, without having to actually own the club.

It's not beyond the realms of fantasy to imagine he could leave that finance in place at NUFC and sell to a buyer willing to pay £130-£150m and meet the terms that benefit Ashley (continued advertising and Retail "partnerships") but remove the pain of managing the club.

I'm starting to wonder what the end game could possibly be though. Even though it's good news that the club is making a profit, £19m, even if we managed it each season, isn't enough to ever go anywhere. Might be enough to stay where we are I guess. So if he's not making any money out of it, he's not paying off the loan, and the club isn't making enough profit to really challenge (in the way Arsenal do), what is the point for Ashley? Just advertising? Mental lengths to go through for advertising...

I genuinely think we're utterly meaningless to him, but I just can't fathom the business rationale for what he's doing. Unless he's still just trying to make the best of his failed dream.

I'm starting to wonder what the end game could possibly be though. Even though it's good news that the club is making a profit, £19m, even if we managed it each season, isn't enough to ever go anywhere. Might be enough to stay where we are I guess. So if he's not making any money out of it, he's not paying off the loan, and the club isn't making enough profit to really challenge (in the way Arsenal do), what is the point for Ashley? Just advertising? Mental lengths to go through for advertising...

Emirates pay £30m a year for advertising at arsenal. They get nowt back except what they pay for - their name on stuff.

The £30m a year Ashley has put into nufc (£240m over 8 years) goes down every year that he stays.... And he gets it ALL back in the end. Probably with a profit.

I'd say that was worth it to Ashley.

After such high values were predicted is puzzling as to why its come in much lower do you think its anything to do with appointing himself to the board last year HF .?

After such high values were predicted is puzzling as to why its come in much lower do you think its anything to do with appointing himself to the board last year HF .?

Possibly. That move was made 1 month before the closure of this accounting period.

Perhaps making himself an employee was needed to get some money out as a cost to the club.

I'm used to lies but it would be incredible for them to state ashley has taken nothing out of the club on Monday and publish accounts on Thursday where he's took a £20m salary or whatever.

It's mornings like today when we should bury the disappointment of another no show in the derby and find comfort in the health of the club's finances.

/s