NUFC Accounts 12/13

Tooj

Lee Charnley "We believe financial stability will deliver positive on-field results for the Club."

Yeah it certainly looks like it dickhead.

Edited by trooper

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"the Club continues to outperform UEFA Financial Fair Play regulations"

:lol: :lol:

Think that finally ends any suggestion that the club lacks ambition

:lol: I mean, what the fuck is that about?

UEFA have a minimum benchmark of behaviour, there are no brownie points handed out for doing better than that minimum but there it is on the website as a badge of honour.

Fucking trolls.

So we made a £19m profit on players and a £4.7m operating profit yet only posted a £18.7m overall profit? I assume the difference must be the tax.

The profit on Cabaye after amortisation was just over £16m I think.

The important question is how the hell did costs increase so sharply?

Thats the thing Im curious about. Should see when full accounts are out. Everyone expected bigger profits posted (whoop-de-fucking-do) but the supposed increase in costs doesnt make sense (if that was accurate as I cant see reference to it).

From what Ive seen so far:

Revenue up 95 to 129M - Interested to see the breakdown. Much of that increase I expect is TV income. Id like to see match day and season ticket breakdown. Commercial income up 17 to 25M (sponsorship), 78M was TV so 26M left for the rest. Sounds about the same as usual?

Nothing taken out by MA which really isn't a surprise as he retains his stranglehold and argument for free SD advertising.

I suppose we've gone from a club that would cut (accounting and real) costs wherever possible to move the club towards profitability on the books. Now we have a profitable club the accounting department switch all their effort to making costs as high as possible (without the club actually incurring any real costs) to avoid getting into a tax paying situation.

Impressive if that can account for £30m.

I suppose Amazon, Starbucks, Google etc do it with billions :D

So we'd have made a loss of we hadn't sold Cabaye?....did Deloitte do the books again?...are they touring their prankster act this year?....not having a dig HF but do you remain confident of a new manager and a summer splurge on talent now?...

£50M?

£30M?

No, £18M and no budge on INTEREST free debt.

Hats off to Mike and the crew.Vindicates Sundays decision to fuck the derby off and keep the money myself. A bit like the club.

So we'd have made a loss of we hadn't sold Cabaye?....did Deloitte do the books again?...are they touring their prankster act this year?....not having a dig HF but do you remain confident of a new manager and a summer splurge on talent now?...

Operating profit (before we sold Cabaye) was £4.7m.

I remain (reasonably) confident.

Fucking pointless supporting this club. It's like standing outside LIDL cheering on the lorries bringing in cheap bait from Poland, then going in and buying it, discovering it's shit, but being told you should appreciate it as LIDL are making good money and are acting lawfully.

Woohoo! Where do I give blood?

Fucking pointless supporting this club. It's like standing outside LIDL cheering on the lorries bringing in cheap bait from Poland, then going in and buying it, discovering it's shit, but being told you should appreciate it as LIDL are making good money and are acting lawfully.

Woohoo! Where do I give blood?

The bait's quite canny at Lidl actually. It's much better than the product we get served up from Newcastle United these days!

How many consider themselves a supporter still?

I'm a barely interested bystander these days.

i'd say i'm still a supporter, a cynical and pessimistic supporter, but still a supporter. i still watch games when i can, i still get frustrated by how shit we are and excited when we do well. that six game run was fun while it lasted.

many more seasons like the last couple though and i think i'll become more of a follower than a supporter. it's difficult to maintain enthusiasm when your club resembles the walking dead.

How many consider themselves a supporter still?

I'm a barely interested bystander these days.

Well, supporter for me would stretch it. Been to a handful of games this season only because my eldest wants to go (7). Poor fucker doesn't know any different.

Follower?

Sufferer?

Maybe more apt. I said they wouldn't get another penny from me years ago and chucking my ticket was made easy as it coincided with my now 5yo coming along.

I'll take kids now and again begrudgingly but my stance remains.

It just fucks me off so much I don't see the point. My lass hates me watching it as it always flips me in to a foul mood.

I've been to every home game, 1 away game and seen every match except for the Gillingham and Leicester cup games so I'm definitely still a supporter. I'm just one who's sick of what the club is now and who becoming less and less bothered when I see us conceeding and losing games.