Hull City vs Newcastle

Graing

It actually has a note stuck to it saying something like 'we are goths' and 'any dance shite will be skipped' !

:lol: I've not been for 20 years, good to know it's still the same. And you're alive.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's talk football.

We absolutely dominated them in midfield today, Tiote was colossal and played the way he did earlier this season. He was the instigator in everything good coming through the midfield, we played some cracking one touch stuff and they couldn't live with it. Anita was tidy again and good to see a goal from him, his work has been underrated this season. He struggles when in there without much support but plays with more freedom when Tiote is playing.

Sissoko never stopped running and his first was a great finish. De Jong played some decent interplay and works well with Remy as it allows Remy to roam, which is a nightmare for defenders to pick up.

The two full backs were excellent again, solid defensively and offered outlets going forward. I am more and more impressed with Dummet with every game, he is quick, strong and is competent at set pieces. Yanga looked steady enough but his distribution is questionable at times. Willo solid again.

Krul pulled off two game changing saves in one swoop in the first half but should have stayed on his line for their goal IMO.

Gouff put another good shift in and covered every blade of grass, Remy showed his class again. He is the most natural striker we've seen in years. His movement and pace had Bruce absolutely shitting himself most of the game. His goal was a complete gift like :woot:

Yup, agree with all of this.

Good away performance and hopefully when we face stiffer tests than Hull we can continue the good work. Agree with you when you say De Jong is allowing Remy far more freedom. It's a shame that he didn't get his goal, but it won't be long in coming. Tiote and Anita look like they're getting some kind of understanding in the middle, but I'd still like to see something more creative coming out of Vurn.

Hopefully this defensive performance will shuffle Taylor further down the deck.

Bar their goal I thought Krul looked decent too.

Re: the Pardew guff. His imminent ban will make no difference to us really. It's not like he inspires a stirring second half performance, now is it? Stupid and embarrassing, but absolutely par for the course with this regime.

As impressed as I was with some of our football, our deficiencies at aerial balls was there for all to see. Cost one goal and could've/Should've cost at least another two. Too many opposition players get free headers against us. It needs looking at.

His wasn't free. More in the 100K category.

If he's tight I know of a company who could loan him a bob until payday at a reasonable rate...

(or a well heeled plumber)

Just watched motd on I player. They didn't say anything at all about the game. All the punditry was focused on the headbutt. Fucking typical like when we top the bill for once after a convincing away win that's there's no analysis of the football.