Flight MH370 / Flight MH17

trophyshy

So that's luthansa , KLM, and Virgin all doing what Malaysia did? Are these not 'sensible' first world airlines? It's easy to play the blame game in hindsight, but I'd be much more inclined to blame air control and their regulators than an airline that will probably go out of existence and has lost a lot of its own staff.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make no apologies for accusing a man with a brain tumour of being on the wind up? Can we just ban this awful, awful cunt of a man please?

Shut the fuck up you little nurse. :lol:

So that's luthansa , KLM, and Virgin all doing what Malaysia did? Are these not 'sensible' first world airlines? It's easy to play the blame game in hindsight, but I'd be much more inclined to blame air control and their regulators than an airline that will probably go out of existence and has lost a lot of its own staff.

Still you don't understand. All those carriers who flew over Eastern Ukraine are guilty of compromising the lives of the passengers they carry. Why would you fly over an area of conflict in this day and age? In any age?

Well the question still remains about a decision making process on behalf of those who did and those who didn't - if it was one or a very few on either side of the fence then fair enough but if it's roughly even then like I say, there's nowt wrong with asking the question without it being a witch hunt.

taking risks? yes.

Do you think Lufthansa, which has an impeccable safety record, recognised this risk? Or are we talking with the benefit of hindsight? I appreciate BA and Air France seemed to have assessed it as a risk BTW.

Do you think Lufthansa, which has an impeccable safety record, recognised this risk? Or are we talking with the benefit of hindsight? I appreciate BA and Air France seemed to have assessed it as a risk BTW.

i've no idea, as NJS mentions there is no doubt a decision making process that airline company's will make, and i would guess profit margins play a big factor in these decisions.

Edited by RedfernMag

i've no idea, as NJS mentions there is no doubt a decision making process that airline company's will make, and i would guess profit margins play a big factor in these decisions.

Apparently 66 carriers passed through the area in the previous days. Only a handful avoided it. Well done to BA and air France but they were the exceptions. I'm not knowledgeable about the regulatory structure, but for me surely they are more to blame?

There was a former BA pilot in the news this morning saying that it's up to the pilot to challenge their route if they don't like it. Said he couldn't say for certain, but he thinks in this instance he would have told them he was taking a different route.

That's not to blame the pilot btw, I just thought it was interesting that the pilot has that level of autonomy.

Aye they make all the decisions, think it's by law as well. I remember that documentary on Ryanair where basically it was up to the pilot how much fuel to carry, but they exposed the worst offenders in a league table for overfuelling. Something like that anyway, sketchy memory.

AFAIK the general guideline was no to fly over the area at under 32,000 ft. The downed plane was traveling at 33,000 ft. Clearly the tossers who carried out this atrocity had access to weapons of a sophistication that was not foreseen. As far as I can see the airline took reasonable steps to avoid danger, clearly it wasn't enough in retrospect but in retrospect we're all fucking experts.

AFAIK the general guideline was no to fly over the area at under 32,000 ft. The downed plane was traveling at 33,000 ft. Clearly the tossers who carried out this atrocity had access to weapons of a sophistication that was not foreseen. As far as I can see the airline took reasonable steps to avoid danger, clearly it wasn't enough in retrospect but in retrospect we're all fucking experts.

Exactly. A lot of disasters seem to be obviously avoidable in hindsight.

As a positive, I guess in future this will change guidelines over flights over war zones.

On a terrifyingly negative, what if jihadists got hold of these things?

Fucking disgraceful.

Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: drunk rebels guard victims’ bodies that were ‘dragged around’ and robbed

The family members of those killed in the Malaysian Airlines MH17 crash have been dealt a new blow at reports that their loved ones’ bodies have been guarded by drunk rebels, looted, left exposed to the elements and even dragged around, before they were unceremoniously removed from the site on Sunday.

International anger is rising at the lack of dignity with which the bodies have been treated, while families of the victims continue to call for the bodies to be returned home.

Ukraine’s emergency services said on Sunday that separatist rebels have taken away all the 196 bodies that workers recovered from the crash site to an unknown location, after journalists saw the rebels putting bagged bodies onto trucks on Saturday and driving them away.

Nataliya Bystro, a Ukrainian spokeswoman, said the emergency services were working under duress and that they “don’t know” where the bodies were taken to, nor do they know what has happened to the 101 bodies that have yet to be found.

For days the bodies from the crash scene were reported to have been left to rot in the sunshine, exposed to nearly 30C heat and occasional downpours of rain after their plane was shot down on Thursday.

“Some of the body bags are open and the damage to the corpses is very, very bad – it is very difficult to look at,” said Michael Bociurkiw, spokesman for the investigators at the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) on Saturday.

“It basically looks like the biggest crime scene in the world right now, guarded by a bunch of guys in uniform with heavy firepower who are quite inhospitable,” he told reporters at the time.

On Friday Mr Bociurkiw said the officials, who have made on-going efforts to recover the bodies, were continually hampered with some of the rebels guarding the scene appearing drunk.

Ukraine’s officials had already accused the rebels of destroying evidence at the site and of allowing the victims to be robbed of their cash and credit cards, while the fighters stand accused of failing to provide full access to the scene to international observers, and of tampering with crucial evidence.

The Dutch foreign minister Frans Timmermans condemned reports of how the dead have been treated, 193 of which were Netherlands nationals.

“We are already shocked by the news we got today of bodies being dragged around, of the site not being treated properly… People are angry, furious,” he said on Saturday.

But it is little comfort to the families left behind, and the relatives of the 10 Britons who died on the flight. Speaking to the Telegraph, Barry Sweeney, 52, from North Tyneside, whose 28-year-old son Liam was one of the passengers on the plane, said: “I am sickened by reports of what has been happening over there and I just want Liam home.”

On Sunday Malaysia Airlines released a full list of the passengers on Flight MH17, though the names of the Britons on the flight had already been released. John Allen, a lawyer and Andrew Hoare, a banker, died on the flight with their wives and five children. Robert Ayley, a father of two who lives in New Zealand and was travelling alone, was also on board.

Ground to ground, both day and night. To follow those in black and white. Cheering loud and clapping hands,among the nations loyalist fans. Friendlies, cup games not a care, if the Toon were playing you lads were there. Win or lose, through bad and good Newcastle United was in your blood. Known by thousands all around, familiar faces at our grand old ground. Loved by many, all lads and lasses, before the next toon game we will raise our glasses. Two empty spaces in the crowd, dont worry though, we will cheer you loud. The tragic news is sad and dark, but you'll be the light at St James Park. Now sleep lads with pride on your faces, and teach the angels the Blaydon Races. For this sad day and through the night, let heavens gates be Black and White.

Edited by Toonraider

You're on here in the middle of the night pissed you sad lonely man. Get a fucking a life, literally

I enjoy my lone time, being an introvert, and there isn't very much of it tbh with my lifestyle unfortunately. I would like more but it isn't possible. THanks for your concern though. You collect and play pinball machines in your spare time don't you? :lol:

Knowing that, I'm more than content with my life.

We've had 37 die from this needless tragedy, but more than that 298 innocent people died, 80 of them children. Generations, families, all torn apart. I agree with your sentiments. I apologise.