Flight MH370 / Flight MH17

trophyshy

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking of taking the family to Euro Disney next year. That should be safe, right? I know the chances of anything happening are very small but the last thing you want to do on holiday is worry about shit like this. No way would I go to turkey or north Africa now like.

Is there no way that flight data can be centrally stored, rather than having to find the black box after cases like this?

Seems mental that I can access pretty much anything on a device not much bigger than a credit card, yet flight data is still only accessible from a hard copy on board the plane itself?

Is there no way that flight data can be centrally stored, rather than having to find the black box after cases like this?

Seems mental that I can access pretty much anything on a device not much bigger than a credit card, yet flight data is still only accessible from a hard copy on board the plane itself?

Is it not more about ensuring the data is retained from the "black" spots, so where no radio/data communication is possible.

Also the recorder often captures data after "contact" is lost.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Is there no way that flight d ata can be centrally stored"

there is - you could use INMARSAT - but constant streaming from a lot of aircraft means the airlines would have to shell out quite  alot of $$$$$ - they don't see it as a priority for a once in10 year event that will probably affect someone else