The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a colo replacement i'd go for a carr gem.

If your going to shell out that kind of money you may aswell bid for players like vertonghen.

Agree, if you're going into big money areas might as well go for quality.

Do we really need this thread right now? It's going to end in tears. (No knock on you Anorthernsoul, I just remember what a disappointment the "Jan Transfer Nonsense Thread" was.)

The January thread became an ironic parody of itself.

Do we really need this thread right now? It's going to end in tears. (No knock on you Anorthernsoul, I just remember what a disappointment the "Jan Transfer Nonsense Thread" was.)

We don't, and I have the same opinion as you, but we both know the thread will come eventually anyway. I seen the article, didn't really know which thread to post it in so here we are.

They will have to buy some players in the summer, it's not all doom and gloom..

That's what we've been saying for windows and windows.

Colo's off? Step forward, Curtis Good.

Adam Armstrong, Vuckic, and that ginger lad (Campbell?) as Remy and de Jong replacements.

(I don't actually think it'll come to that, but I put nothing past the fat one any more. Expect a new DoF, possibly someone with Spurs links, appointed sometime in mid-July who we couldn't get in any earlier because we had to make sure we had the 'right man for the job', then a disappointing lack of signings attributed to the fact that we didn't have enough time to carefully scout each signing and make sure that they're a perfect purple. But not to worry because our powder's still dry for January, blah blah, rinse and repeat.)

yeah, at least shola is out of contract

After not signing any strikers or any other players, with Remy & De Jong being bought by other Prem clubs, we'll re-sign Shola as our only deal in the summer window.

Would hate to know how many hours of my short life on this Earth I've wasted reading transfer news, talking about transfer news, reading forums about what some strangers 'reckon' about our transfer news, thinking about transfer news - 99% of which is just complete nonsense.

Going to make a conscious effort to just ignore this whole side of things as much as possible this year, as hard as that might be.

I highly suspect that Debuchy and Ben Arfa will want pastures new. Coloccini is still pining for his homeland, Cisse's heart isnt at the club anymore. They all could leave.....Thats a MAJOR rebuilding job to do in the World Cup summer. We will have to be spending near to 50mil just to replace whats lost out of the first team. Thats even before having to replace Remy, Shola and other squad players like Obertan, Marveaux and Gosling. We are going to be ne£50eding upto 8 quality additions. That means alot of good work must be done. Im not so sure they even know what they should be looking for to be honest. Would people be happy with a middle three of Anita, Tiote and Sissoko? De Jong up on his own, Gouffran on the left...then what? I hope Ben Arfa stays and gets a new lease of life otherwise we have no option at all. 2 Strikers, 2 Wide players, 1 Creative central midfielder, 1 Full back.... Minimum.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic