The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JakPwhatculture

Looks like we've lost out to a Chinese club for Gomis. He's apparently held discussions with Shanghai Shenhua (of Drogba and Anelka fame) over a possible move next month.

Bizarre decision to make for a 28-year-old who's just coming into the prime years of his career. No offence to China but the standard of their league is vastly inferior to the Premier League and Ligue 1 for that matter. That being said it's pertinently clear why he'd entertain such a move given the absurd money he's likely to rake in.

Another one bites the dust!

Been thinking that for a while, to be honest. Always felt that he'd go to the highest bidder, hence his interest in a move to England. He's using Willy McKay to speak with English clubs too, so he can get fucked.

I noticed in the reports of us being in for this Jorman striker that they're saying that his team want £10m and we're hoping to get him for £7.5m. I've got no idea of what his like (his stats for last season are very good) but does any of our scouting of players include any investigation of what the club will want to sell the player any more? It just seems we are always miles off in valuations these days.

I noticed in the reports of us being in for this Jorman striker that they're saying that his team want £10m and we're hoping to get him for £7.5m. I've got no idea of what his like (his stats for last season are very good) but does any of our scouting of players include any investigation of what the club will want to sell the player any more? It just seems we are always miles off in valuations these days.

One could almost think we don't really want to sign anyone.

Edited by trophyshy

Guest JakPwhatculture

Lasogga has a year left on his contract at Hertha Berlin soI think it's understandable why NUFC are reluctant to meet that £10m asking price. Even £7.5m, for me, is slightly excessive for a player who's only really had one prolific goalscoring season in the Bundesliga.

That's not to say he isn't a talented striker, 13 goals in 20 games for a woeful Hamburg team is admirable, but in terms of pace and mobility he's a close match for Luuk De Jong.

I think we do investigate. Our valuation then follows as their valuation minus 25%.

Lasogga has a year left on his contract at Hertha Berlin soI think it's understandable why NUFC are reluctant to meet that £10m asking price. Even £7.5m, for me, is slightly excessive for a player who's only really had one prolific goalscoring season in the Bundesliga.

That's not to say he isn't a talented striker, 13 goals in 20 games for a woeful Hamburg team is admirable, but in terms of pace and mobility he's a close match for Luuk De Jong.

As I said I've got no idea about the lad at all other than hearing 13 in 20. But as with Cabella, Grenier and even De Jong when we tried to buy him, we just don't seem to match the other clubs valuation of these players If this is the case there definitely needs to be a review of our polocy.

The pace and mobility of De Jong comment is frightening if true by the way. He had the pace of an asthmatic pit pony!

I dont believe we were ever seriously interested in Gomis this time round - he's too old at 29 or whatever to fit our stated profile and I expect his agents would have priced him out of the bargain bucket. Seems to me all the paper talk has been fuelled by his agents but I cant recall a transfer since shefki kucqi thats been near 30 years of age.

I dont believe we were ever seriously interested in Gomis this time round - he's too old at 29 or whatever to fit our stated profile and I expect his agents would have priced him out of the bargain bucket. Seems to me all the paper talk has been fuelled by his agents but I cant recall a transfer since shefki kucqi thats been near 30 years of age.

its obvious what he's all about and his agent - best left well alone. Lassoga - no pace but decent in the air and a bit more robust than De JONG.

As for matching a club's valuation, get real lads. If you go after a house and you like it, would you really offer the asking price straight off ?? Even if your lass was giving you verbals, you still would offer below asking price and monitor things surely ? Most deals are waiting games - bluff and counter bluff. Lasogga will come and got a feeling Cabella will too. Just be patient ffs, thers 8.5 weeks til kick off.

Lasogga has decided that he wants to leave Hertha and join Hamburg permanently according to the German press, but the clubs still have to agree a fee. I doubt we will get him on the cheap but would have to outbid Hamburg.

Who the fuck knows how they do these deals. My impression though is that we're low ballers and bargain bin rummagers. So we'll be disappointed more often than not. I suspect the days of a club selling us a cabaye on the cheap are long gone - the likes of montpellier see us coming a mile off

Edited by Kitman

its obvious what he's all about and his agent - best left well alone. Lassoga - no pace but decent in the air and a bit more robust than De JONG.

As for matching a club's valuation, get real lads. If you go after a house and you like it, would you really offer the asking price straight off ?? Even if your lass was giving you verbals, you still would offer below asking price and monitor things surely ? Most deals are waiting games - bluff and counter bluff. Lasogga will come and got a feeling Cabella will too. Just be patient ffs, thers 8.5 weeks til kick off.

I've no problem with us starting the negotiations with a lower bid (as long as it's not so low that it just pisses of the selling club to the point that they don't want to deal with us as it seems like we're getting to with Montpellier) as long as we're prepared to actually go up to the going rate. But it actually seems like we go in with the view of 'it's our price or no deal'. And our price invaribly seems to be much less than clubs are prepared to sell at and less than what other clubs will pay. If that is the case we'll end up scraping the bottom of the barrel for players just because we can get a good price on them. Then we will go down.

Aye but to further your analogy, it's fine to try and lowball to get a house on the cheap, but we're about to be homeless.

Aye but to further your analogy, it's fine to try and lowball to get a house on the cheap, but we're about to be homeless.

:lol: Aye that's it. They've decided to not bother bringing people in for so long we aren't in a position of strength, teams know our lot are desperate for strikers so they're hardly going to listen to Charnley or whatever knacker it is in charge now trying to low ball them. If anything they're going to have to accept being ripped off until they get in a position where we're not in dire need for that position. We can't even threaten to wait for lads contracts to run down because we don't have anyone. It's a fine policy as long as you keep a well stocked squad so that when you say you're walking away from a deal they believe it, whereas at the moment teams will think they can demand whatever they want.

:lol:One for later CT....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KztNIg4cvE

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic