The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our preliminary squad has been announced for our pre season friendlies. Not sure why Debuchy is included but Sissoko isnt? Either way, look at the fucking state of that forward line

GK: Jak Alnwick, Rob Elliot, Tim Krul

DF: Fabricio Coloccini, Mathieu Debuchy, Paul Dummett, Massadio Haidara, Davide Santon, Steven Taylor, Mike Williamson, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

MF: Sammy Ameobi, Vurnon Anita, Hatem Ben Arfa, Gael Bigirimana, Jack Colback, Shane Ferguson, Yoan Gouffran, Jonas Gutierrez, Sylvain Marveaux, Gabriel Obertan, Cheick Tiote.

F: Adam Armstrong, Adam Campbell, Ayoze Perez.

Edited by TheRollingStones

Am I right in saying that those are 3 strikers who have played less than 10 premiership games between them?

Given our manager's reluctance to give youth players a go, I see us re-signing Shola and sticking him up top on his own.

GK: Alnwick, Elliot,

DF: Coloccini, Dummett, Haidara, Santon, Taylor, Williamson,Mbiwa

MF: Anita, Bigirimana, Colback, Ferguson, Gouffran Marveaux, Obertan, Tiote.

F: Armstrong, Campbell, Perez.

Possible squad to start the season ?

The players ive left out are players that are more than likely to be gone

Krul = Spurs

Debuchy = Arsenal, PSG, Roma, Bayern

Sammy = Sheffield Wednesday

Jonas = Any other club

We were told the club would do the majority of it's business before the WC so they've brought in Colback who I think will be ok for us and the 2nd division Spanish kid. Now bear in mind that Charnley guy said we would only sign one or two players per year forgive me for being negative but we're in the shit. I've even left Ben Arfa in the squad as fuck know's what will happen to him. The transfer window opens on Tuesday we'll see what happens but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Edited by trooper

Didn't Pardew come out and say we're after about 5? And also that the idea was that we'd try to get as much business done before the World Cup, not that we'd definitely do so. To be fair this situation goes for most top flight clubs, and few have actually signed two players like we have.

I think the two a year thing is an ideal, I.e. get a good settled squad, and just tweak it slightly every window.

Didn't Pardew come out and say we're after about 5? And also that the idea was that we'd try to get as much business done before the World Cup, not that we'd definitely do so. To be fair this situation goes for most top flight clubs, and few have actually signed two players like we have.

I think the two a year thing is an ideal, I.e. get a good settled squad, and just tweak it slightly every window.

Yes, I remember reading that. However, he did not go on to say how we could afford ANY player who was playing in the World Cup.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/9365528/transfer-news-alan-pardew-suggests-english-players-out-of-newcastles-reach

Alan Pardew is adamant that Newcastle United struggle to afford to sign English players following a recent enquiry to another Premier League club.

Newcastle have enjoyed success in bringing players over from France in recent seasons and Pardew is aware of criticism about the lack of English signings at St James' Park.

However, with Luke Shaw joining Manchester United in a £30million deal and Adam Lallana tipped to move to Liverpool for a fee in the region of £25million, Pardew has insisted these type of fees are out of Newcastle’s reach.

Pardew revealed he showed an interest in a home-grown player at another club, but has been forced to scrap any plans for a deal due to the price he had been quoted.

"The fees being paid for players such as Luke Shaw and, it seems, Adam Lallana, illustrates an important point that supporters need to understand,” wrote Pardew in his column for the Independent on Sunday.

"Clubs like Newcastle get accused of not signing English players, but these are prices mid-table teams in the Premier League simply cannot afford, unlike Champions League clubs with their extra revenue.

"We recently enquired about an unproven player not in the side at one of our top clubs, and we were asked £14million. He will not be joining.

"Yet we can pick up players such as Yohan Cabaye, Mathieu Debuchy and Moussa Sissoko for reasonable fees, all of who have been starring for France at the World Cup."

First it was we'll get our business done before the WC, then it was the WC is making it hard to do deals, now it's English players cost too much.

Excuses well in order for when we close out the transfer window with no other business beside re-signing Shola.

We accuse the club of not signing enough players, regardless of their fucking nationality you fucking patsy.

:lol: Aye.

Ridiculous statement from Pardew yet again, of course we can't afford players like Lallana and Shaw they're going to be England regulars for years to come but Huddlestone went to Hull for what? 5m iirc, he's a decent player. Livermore just moved for 8m, which aye is pricey but we paid a similar fee for Anita (not saying we should have signed Livermore or owt just that we can clearly afford these sorts of fees). Southampton bought Nathaniel Clyne for 3m or so, and we were considering it but opted not too. So it's utter nonsense that we can't afford English players, they are over priced mind which is why like Brock says none of us have issue signing foreign players.

Oh well that's ok then everything's going to be ok.

Just seen via that CT's link that that Greek lot want Abeid for free+50% of any future resale.

If we even consider agreeing to that...

"Oi! Charnley! Tell 'em to fack off. And Charns.......make the same offer for Cabella while yer at it."

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic