The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Regardless of it being pointless, what about the "blip". The use of such word suggests we're meant to see two transfer windows without a permanent signing as a hiccup. Nah.

What is it, if not an anomaly?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This other striker is gonna be PEA or Berahino.

That's quite a difference is quality between the two of them. A player who signed for champions league finalists last season for £13m or a kid who's scored 5 league goals for West Brom.

While I've got nothing against Berahino, I can't say that I'd be much more excited about signing him that I was about signing Perez.

The club admitted that it brought its transfer dealing forward from that summer to the previous January, had they not done so then we would have likely seen two years of less spending than 2012.

It effectively means the higher spending this year isn't because we're increasingly ambitious or extravagant, it's compensating for the lack of it last year. If you split HF's graph into 2 years blocks instead 1 year blocks, our spending is lower than the middle block.

Edited by ClubSpinDoctor

2 reasons he's spent this window

1.) He couldn't gamble that we'd be relegation fodder by xmas making us less attractive for players to sign.

b.) The drop in season tickets.

I honestly dont think he was that bothered by the walkout (he already had the money)

trooper, on 16 Jul 2014 - 4:31 PM, said:

2 reasons he's spent this window

1.) He couldn't gamble that we'd be relegation fodder by xmas making us less attractive for players to sign.

b.) The drop in season tickets.

I honestly dont think he was that bothered by the walkout (he already had the money)

Or maybe he spent because he's not the devil people think he is. He spent because he has the success of the club at heart but is not prepared to break the bank on over priced players to achieve fast track success and prefers to play it slowly and purposely whilst not allowing himself to be dictated to by agent, players or the fans.

Ashley is a businessman who was as green as grass where being a football fan was concerned. He tried to combine the two by attempting to become an adopted Newcastle united fan and trying to think like one. We all know how that ended and so does he.

He's now a businessman first and a newcastle fan second. This way he can think with his head and not his heart. He's not going to be liked for this but it's the best way because his decisions will not be made by forced mass opinion.

He's the best owner we could wish for as far as proper running of the club is concerned. The Shiekhs and oil billionaires are simply sugar daddies.

Like him or hate him, he's took some flack whether warranted or not but he's dragged this club by the scruff of the neck and put it on the right road.

The hatred for him is mainly down to Keegan walking or being constructively dismissed...whatever people want to go with.

Nobody gave a shit when Allardyce was binned for no real reason to accommodate Keegan. Keegan did no better than Allardyce and in my opinion, Keegan would have broke this club, because the bloke was out of touch with reality, not to mention trying to take the club to the cleaners.

I lost all respect for Keegan when he did that.

All's well that ends well though and we are well on track to move forward each season.

This doesn't really belong here... Apparently the useless bastards are sending a young/understrength side to New Zealand for the couple of pre-season games next week. Thanks a lot you fuckers. West Ham are apparently sending their full team.

This doesn't really belong here... Apparently the useless bastards are sending a young/understrength side to New Zealand for the couple of pre-season games next week. Thanks a lot you fuckers. West Ham are apparently sending their full team.

Remember, shop at Sports Direct, now expanding to Australasia!

He's the best owner we could wish for as far as proper running of the club is concerned.

Like him or hate him, he's took some flack whether warranted or not but he's dragged this club by the scruff of the neck and put it on the right road.

The hatred for him is mainly down to Keegan walking or being constructively dismissed...whatever people want to go with.

Nobody gave a shit when Allardyce was binned for no real reason to accommodate Keegan. Keegan did no better than Allardyce and in my opinion, Keegan would have broke this club, because the bloke was out of touch with reality, not to mention trying to take the club to the cleaners.

I lost all respect for Keegan when he did that.

All's well that ends well though and we are well on track to move forward each season.

CT, Wolfy or whoever you are. That's quite possibly the biggest pile of shite you've posted on here which is no mean feat lets be honest. Post to your hearts content about ice worlds etc, but you can cut this shit out pronto. Keegan is the best thing that ever happened to NUFC in the last forty years you complete and utter bulls knacker. :D

Howmanheyman, on 17 Jul 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

CT, Wolfy or whoever you are. That's quite possibly the biggest pile of shite you've posted on here which is no mean feat lets be honest. Post to your hearts content about ice worlds etc, but you can cut this shit out pronto. Keegan is the best thing that ever happened to NUFC in the last forty years you complete and utter bulls knacker. :D

Keegan in his playing time, plus first managerial job at Newcastle was excellent. I loved it. I loved the bloke for the way he had us playing and his charisma, as well as making the players feel 10 feet tall.

That was then and the next chapter was a totally different scenario.

Let me ask you this: did you give a rats arse when Allardyce was binned with no explanation, once you knew Keegan was coming?

Fans ar fickle and fans idolise players and managers if they do something exceptional. They also hold massive grudges if they believe they are shit on. People live in the past. They live on past successes. Keegans time is a case where fans live in that past and won't have a word said about Keegan, even though he tried to take this club to the cleaners before it even limped back up off the floor after Shepherds shenanigans. But why?

All because the odd player was signed behind his back. The real truth of it all won;t come out for a while but it will...and I'm willing to bet that Keegan was also out of his depth because he came to Newcastle to work under a billionaire. He believed that he has free reign to just sign anyone (my opinion).

Had Keegan been allowed to carry on at his discretion, spending whatever he wanted, I'm convinced we would have had a Q.P.R scenario where players would be biting at the bit to sign for us...past their sell by date players that had maybe one reasonable year left in them but all signed on 3 year contracts on ridiculous wages.

When the shit hit the fan, Keegan would have walked, anyway.

Keegan was a dummy spitter and any respect I had for him, went out of the window when he pulled that stroke on the club...not Ashley...but the club....your club. He got greedy...was happy to see the club go to the dogs if he won his case and got the compo he was after.

Now tell me this and be honest: if Keegan had got what he asked for and the club was left in dire straits, would your love for him still be the same?

At least they'll get to see some Ben arfa magic. Unlike the home fans.

He's not going, Ashley is refusing to pay for the two seats on the plane that his arse requires.

Keegan was so delusional. Wanting to spend money on good players like Schweinsteiger, the future WC winner who played at the heart of Germany's midfield, instead of Spanish jokes to satisfy whichever agent was up Ashley's arse that week! The nerve of him! :rolleyes:

Keegan II was not the right fit, I think we all know that. But it's only because Ashley is a moron who's spent his entire time here taking advice from non-football people on how to run a football club.

Monkeys Fist, on 17 Jul 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

You haven't read the findings of the tribunal have you, Wolfy?

You know, the one when KK tried to to take NUFC to the cleaners and was proved correct in everything he said.

Knob.

He still spit out his dummy. If you hold him in high regard then great. I have no time for him.

Wolfy - see Stevie's sig for our assessment of that drivel you just posted. Kindly remain posting gibberish in the general chat forum and don't darken the Newcastle boar again as long as you spout shite like that.

Keegan was so delusional. Wanting to spend money on good players like Schweinsteiger, the future WC winner who played at the heart of Germany's midfield, instead of Spanish jokes to satisfy whichever agent was up Ashley's arse that week! The nerve of him! :rolleyes:

Keegan II was not the right fit, I think we all know that. But it's only because Ashley is a moron who's spent his entire time here taking advice from non-football people on how to run a football club.

Ashley is no angel, what businessman is?

Ashley wanted a football club. He came in as green as grass and was royally screwed at first. He's made some stupid decisions or let otehrs do it for him. We all know this.

None of us know the whole saga about everything though. It takes two to tango and all that. There's always two sides to every story.

Ashley came with the idea of running the club like a fan. Giving the fans what he believed they wanted. His biggest mistake was bringing in Keegan.

Shit happens in football.

Let's have some honestly here.

Let's say that Allardyce done exactly the same as Keegan and walked out then took the club to court, just like Keegan, then Ashley installs Keegan as manager as this was happening...tell me in all honestly...would any of you be praising Allardyce or would you all be crucifiying him for trying to ruin the club?

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic