The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

i still think you're being over the top with the negativity. we have bought in more bodies than i thought we would.

being short of strikers is nothing new. it's the new normal under ashley so i'm not exactly seething. like HF says: another year of tedious survival beckons.

I think I'm being realistic. A proven goalscorer would have me looking forward to the season, otherwise I can see us struggling. In an ideal world I think we need Hatem's redemption, two new central defenders and a more cultured player to play in the middle, because Anita/Tiote/Colback worries me.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm being realistic. A proven goalscorer would have me looking forward to the season, otherwise I can see us struggling. In an ideal world I think we need Hatem's redemption, two new central defenders and a more cultured player to play in the middle, because Anita/Tiote/Colback worries me.

nah, we'll be alright. there's plenty of other shite teams in the division. we've enough in the squad to secure another season of mid table mediocrity. thrilling innit

nah, we'll be alright. there's plenty of other shite teams in the division. we've enough in the squad to secure another season of mid table mediocrity. thrilling innit

Oh I don't think we're in danger of relegation, I see mid table mediocrity as 'struggling'. I haven't succumbed to the lower expectations campaign that our dick clown manager has been running since his first day in charge.

Oh I don't think we're in danger of relegation, I see mid table mediocrity as 'struggling'. I haven't succumbed to the lower expectations campaign that our dick clown manager has been running since his first day in charge.

Why not?

In the 10 years before Ashley arrived we finished lower than we did last season 50% of the time.

It didn't hurt so much then. Relegation was never a serious concern even if we were in the bottom 3 for a short while. Previously the fans were sold higher expectations by the club and in turn we funded the profligacy.

Now we're sold nothing but cheaper tickets for low category games. Expectations should be lower.

If you were in a bad acident and had your boyish good looks smashed to fuck you would have to lower your standards when it came to chasing tarts as well.

Why not?

In the 10 years before Ashley arrived we finished lower than we did last season 50% of the time.

It didn't hurt so much then. Relegation was never a serious concern even if we were in the bottom 3 for a short while. Previously the fans were sold higher expectations by the club and in turn we funded the profligacy.

Now we're sold nothing but cheaper tickets for low category games. Expectations should be lower.

If you were in a bad acident and had your boyish good looks smashed to fuck you would have to lower your standards when it came to chasing tarts as well.

Mid table is achieving nothing. I refuse to go into a season hoping to achieve nothing. Therefore if I don't think we've got a team that can challenge for Europe at the very least, I'm unhappy. Expectations shouldn't be lower, ambition should be higher.

Mid table is achieving nothing. I refuse to go into a season hoping to achieve nothing. Therefore if I don't think we've got a team that can challenge for Europe at the very least, I'm unhappy. Expectations shouldn't be lower, ambition should be higher.

Yeah, but given you've had that horrific car crash you have to deal with the situation as it is, not as you wish it was.

Either find a horrible munter off tinder and take out your frustration on her or give up on women altogether.

Yeah, but given you've had that horrific car crash you have to deal with the situation as it is, not as you wish it was.

Either find a horrible munter off tinder and take out your frustration on her or give up on women altogether.

Sounds like I'm missing out on something here with Tinder!

I'd probably continue to try and punch above my weight, fail and get frustrated. I'd express my frustration and get accused of being negative :D

I wouldn't be surprised to see a last minute departure or a last minute arrival. We all know Ashley's model is to be inflexible (or as good as) on price, and so players currently priced out of our range are off the menu, but on the pricey specials board that we keep eyeing up. A sudden shift in their value because suddenly the selling club needs some money for a quick purchase or doesn't need the player because they've got their man and, well just like that, they're back on the menu at a price we can afford.

Just as likely is that because Liverpool have run out of Southampton players to buy, they fancy taking a punt on Santon/Anita and are willing to splash the cash to get them.

I don't think our business is done yet.

What if you don't have a good midfielder to assist the striker?

What if you have defenders who are so scared of the ball all they can do is hoof it up? (Simpson, Williamson*)

*He was coached out of it at least...

What if you don't have a good midfielder to assist the striker?

What if you have defenders who are so scared of the ball all they can do is hoof it up? (Simpson, Williamson*)

*He was coached out of it at least...

Sure, like I said I'd like those areas addressed too. But I see the striker situation as critical.

Chambers to Arsenal for a reported £16m.

Southampton have made £92m in transfer fees this window. Ashley must be livid.

Chambers to Arsenal for a reported £16m.

Southampton have made £92m in transfer fees this window. Ashley must be livid.

:lol: 16m and only played around 25 prem games. He does look good mind. Who the fuck are they going to field this season? I haven't seen them making too many moves of their own, just Tadic to replace Lallana and Pelle to replace Lambert.

Rodriguez, Schneiderlin and Osvaldo all linked with moves away as well, I know they were struggling financially but they have to say enough is enough sometime soon surely.

Edited by Howay

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic