The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that he was haapy for 'any player who didn't want to be there, to leave', so he's brought this exodus on himself to some extent. Once a few go, others are going to start looking as well.

Not sure I've ever seen such a wholesale dismantling of the squad.

is there anything on twitter about Koeman being ready to walk?...my saints mate reckons its on the cards...

Going off his tweet earlier today I think he finds it a bit comical

Having a read of their message board, it seems that they have a belief that the owner wants to sell, but can't get anyone to match her valuation. As such, she's fireselling players in order to realise their value and take it off the amount required to buy the club. Seems like a false economy to me as the remaining valuation will still be 'too high' by the same factor it was previously, but there we go I suppose.

Must suck to be a Southampton fan right now. So much promise disappearing right before their eyes. They've come through a lot in recent years too.

How much is the Rodriguez fee supposed to be? Cant seem to find a quote. Quality player imo, worth a go at around 15M.

Schneiderlin and Rodriguez set to join Spurs too. The 11/2 to be relegated might be worth a punt.

Popped a penny or two on that, wanted to do a Southampton/Sunderland double, but couldn't... for whatever reason.

Betfair have us 6/5 to finish top ten. Now, I'm not saying we're totes amazeballs, but it's hard to see other clubs finishing ahead of us (after you get past the usual suspects).

Edited by The Fish

Betfair have us 6/5 to finish top ten. Now, I'm not saying we're totes amazeballs, but it's hard to see other clubs finishing ahead of us (after you get past the usual suspects).

Aye, especially with the Southampton fire sale that's another team that will probably be below us. I really want us to sign another striker but if we don't I still see us being midtable, Riviere will probably get 6-8 goals (basing that on absolutely nowt mind, just setting the bar lowish for my expectation of him) and Cisse will hopefully have a bit more life about him when he returns with the variety of service he'll be getting. I think they'll start trying to bring a striker in on loan again towards the end of the window if they don't buy.

Aye, especially with the Southampton fire sale that's another team that will probably be below us. I really want us to sign another striker but if we don't I still see us being midtable, Riviere will probably get 6-8 goals (basing that on absolutely nowt mind, just setting the bar lowish for my expectation of him) and Cisse will hopefully have a bit more life about him when he returns with the variety of service he'll be getting. I think they'll start trying to bring a striker in on loan again towards the end of the window if they don't buy.

I think the majority of our goal threat will come from the midfielders we've signed. I agree it's unlikely that Riviere will surpass Remy's total of last season, but I'd expect De Jong and Cabella to provide more goals than our midfield managed last year. Especially if Sissoko resumes his chance-creation.

Of course I'd like us to sign a 15 goal a season striker, and I'm not sure if we've finished recruitment, but currently I think the goal threat is deliberately planned to come from the midfielders, not the strikers.

Concerning the league, after Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd & Spurs, I just don't see 3 teams finishing above us from;

Aston Villa: Weak 1st team and haven't made any improvements. Senderos? Joe Cole? Kieran Richardson...

Burnley: Guts, but ultimately they're going to struggle, especially if Ings goes.

Crystal Palace: Pulis has made them solid, but like Villa, they've not yet made significant improvements to their 1st team.

Hull: Bruce will keep them up, &I think they'll improve on their highest League finish of 16th last year, but they won't broach the top half.

Leicester: They're trying to address the striker situation, but I don't think Ulloa is it.

QPR: Still buying ageing names instead of addressing very real problems in the squad. 'Arry for the chop.

Southampton: Fire Sale has destroyed not only the team that did so well last year, but can you imagine the message it gives those that've remained? Doomed.

Stoke: I actually fancy them to do well this time round, but Hughes seems to have got the balance right between Stokeing and Football.

Sunderland: Decent 'keeper, but if Borini doesn't sign they're woefully short up front. Altidore?

Swansea: Will be there or there abouts.

West Brom: I don't rate Irvine and he'd be my favourite to lose his job 1st. Reckon they'll struggle until he goes, then a brief resurgence.

West Ham: Fucking Fat Sam. Big squad, but if Valencia doesn't pick up quick, they haven't the goals.

Can one or two of those finish above us? Absolutely. Will three? Doubtful.

Agreed on all points, can't remember exactly but iirc Cabella got 14 last season. French league I know but still he's a fret, and Pardew clearly sees Siem De Jong as a goal scorer seeing as he refers to him as a striker. Losing Cabaye was obviously a blow but bringing these two in has given us a bit of flexibility in midfield and less reliance on a sole outlet.

:lol: That list of teams man, looking at their squads and performances the league is full of shite.

No we're not but we are a little more than last season since Cabella can play across the forward positions and De Jong is also capable in a few positions. It would be nice to have Grenier in as well as another striker and CB, but I dont hold out much hope of that.

I'm not sure we are that flexible in midfield, given that we've got no out and out wingers. Not that'll play anyway!

Really?

I think we're very flexible;

Moussa Sissoko

Vurnon Anita

Hatem Ben Arfa

Jonás Gutiérrez

Gaël Bigirimana

Cheick Tioté

Gabriel Obertan

Haris Vuckic'

Mehdi Abeid

Jack Colback

Siem de Jong

Rémy Cabella

Yoan Gouffran

Ayoze Perez

Sammy Ameobi

From that we could have; very defensive 4-5-1, a very attacking 4-2-3-1, a central midfield focussed on recycling the ball with Tiote Anita and Colback, a midfield three that aims to carry the ball box-to-box with Anita & Sissoko passing Tiote, a team with two hard working wingers looking to peg back the opposition wide men with Gouffran and Sissoko keeping the creativity in the middle, etc.

Decent mix of experience and youth in there. I just wish our defence and forward lines were as well populated with quality.

De Jong, Cabella, Tiote, Anita, Sissoko, Colback would all be disappointed if they miss out on a 1st team spot. I'm hoping Gouffran, Ben Arfa, Abeid and Bigirimana are used properly this year though.

You made a list including HBA, Obertan and Jonas, who are almost certain to not play. Then you named loads of central players, a couple of who have been asked to play wide whilst here but aren't natural wide players, and many that are basically, completely shit.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic