The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

good signing. the sort that would give this place a lift but i doubt we'd pay those wages

I'm not sure we'd balk at it for a player of his calibre, he's only 21 and averaged 1 in 2 everywhere he's been (apart from his few games at Chelsea). I can only see his value increasing as he comes into his prime. It's exactly the sort of investment Ashley should be making.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man City & Spurs from that list - oh and la Liga champions Atlético Madrid...

Man City played Negredo or Dzeko up front, but Aguero was always dropping deep I'd say it was a 4-4-1 and I certainly wouldn't say they played a classic 4-4-2 with out and out wingers?

Spurs didn't play 442 did they? I thought it was always a 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Adebayor leading the line and their midfield supporting him. I can't think of any games where Soldado and Adebayor played alongside each other?

You're right with Atletico, but I think that kind of supports my point; most top clubs do not use it.

I'm not sure we'd balk at it for a player of his calibre, he's only 21 and averaged 1 in 2 everywhere he's been (apart from his few games at Chelsea). I can only see his value increasing as he comes into his prime. It's exactly the sort of investment Ashley should be making.

Too high risk for ashley at 24million. But paupers like Everton spending that on a player should put our purchases into perspective.

Good player but that's serious money! Id rather have Remy at half the price

I dunno Lukaku is a huge talent and much younger (in football career terms).

Thought the Guardian Fiver summed it up well:

"The man Chelsea signed to replace Didier Drogba, Romelu Lukaku, is coughing for the Everton doctor now that Chelsea have signed Didier Drogba to replace him."

Where in hell did Everton get £28m from...is that the Fellaini cash? Looking at it that way, they've swapped Fellaini for Lukaku. Good business, IMO.

I do rather feel that this is probably their entire summer budget mind, but at least it shows they're prepared to push on from last year.

Where in hell did Everton get £28m from...is that the Fellaini cash? Looking at it that way, they've swapped Fellaini for Lukaku. Good business, IMO.

I do rather feel that this is probably their entire summer budget mind, but at least it shows they're prepared to push on from last year.

They had him last year though :razz: It is a massive sign of ambition though, spending that sort of cash on a player. They had a striker who did well for them on loan and they've paid accordingly. Whereas the rumours of Remy potentially costing us £15m has people saying "no way". Sad really.

Edited by ClubSpinDoctor

They had him last year though :razz: It is a massive sign of ambition though, spending that sort of cash on a player. They had a striker who did well for them on loan and they've paid accordingly. Whereas the rumours of Remy potentially costing us £15m has people saying "no way". Sad really.

So if we signed Lukaku for 28 million instead of buying Janmaat/de Jong/Riviere/Cabella/Ayoze, you'd be happy? :lol:

So if we signed Lukaku for 28 million instead of buying Janmaat/de Jong/Riviere/Cabella/Ayoze, you'd be happy? :lol:

We only needed to sign all of them because of who we've sold this year :lol: If we'd kept Cabaye and Debuchy, then yes I'd rather have bought Lukaku than signed those players.

There's always been this lie about Everton that they don't spend - but Moyes was always backed fairly well & now Martinez is being backed. For Moyes A £15m Fellaini topped the bill but there was plenty of £6m + players here and there.

We only needed to sign all of them because of who we've sold this year :lol: If we'd kept Cabaye and Debuchy, then yes I'd rather have bought Lukaku than signed those players.

So for Everton to be "ambitious" they need 0 net spend. For us to be ambitious we need +30M net spend.

Oh and their net spend in the period that Ashley has owned us is positive, not negative like ours. Less turnover too.

Is that actually true?

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-last-five-seasons.html

Last five seasons Newcastle have basically spent what they've lost. Everton have spent less. Not sure how up to date that is, but it's hardly "Everton spend loads more, we spend less!".

And we have slightly more turnover now, but that went down a lot and took a while to come back up after our Championship season.

Aye, it doesn't stop Bictor fighting his corner though :D

:lol: I'm not arguing Mike Ashley loves the club and is the pinnacle of ambition. But our situation compared to other teams is no where near as bad as people want to make it out to be.

Not sure that makes sense, if we are not that far away then if what is possible is equally far away, we are close to out potential. No?

Also it's now noted that CSD blatantly makes stuff up to support his points :lol:

Not sure that makes sense, if we are not that far away then if what is possible is equally far away, we are close to out potential. No?

Also it's now noted that CSD blatantly makes stuff up to support his points :lol:

What have I made up? I said since Ashley bought the club and he linked to a table from the last 5 years. Go onto the same site and do the maths for both clubs, from Ashley's first transfer window. Spaz :razz:

Edited by ClubSpinDoctor

Long balls only count if they hit their target?

Everton massively outspend us?

Doesn't take long to get a reputation.

If they're accurate, I was merely quoting the site that he pulled the stats from :lol:

Where did I say they massively outspend us?

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic