The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To expand on CTs typically informative post, twitter is going slightly berserk with reports that we've had a 4.2 million bid for Micah Richards accepted

Going by his own quotes, build a new training pitch.

Planning permission has been approved and work starts at the end of this season. For completion by Xmas.

Toon stars are set to enjoy new state-of-the-art training facilities to help them compete with Europe’s elite.

A new training centre will put the club’s facilities on a par with those enjoyed by top teams such as Arsenal and Manchester City.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20131130/united-announce-new-training-ground-plans_2281670_3555556

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-submit-plans-new-6729068

It might go some way to explain why we havent spent the TV money.

permacrock i'd be surprised if he's managed 50games in all comps in the last 3 seasons combined

It's a massive concern, which is why I'd be surprised if we signed him.

His record wasn't too bad before he lost his place in the team.

Planning permission has been approved and work starts at the end of this season. For completion by Xmas.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20131130/united-announce-new-training-ground-plans_2281670_3555556

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-submit-plans-new-6729068

It might go some way to explain why we havent spent the TV money.

:lol: Stop it!

Ba especially seemed daft to me. We sold for £7m someone we'd have to pay double that to replace BEFORE wages. Why not just give him the wages he's asking for.

Of course, we never did replace him so that was why :lol:

I thought it was fairly well known that Ba had a £7m release clause?

Aye.

It didn't stop us trying to renegotiate his contract if anyone triggered it though.

Yeah, true, but now it's down to the club's wage structure, ambition and all the other facets that can affect a player agreeing "personal terms".

I agree that we should have moved heaven and Earth to keep him, and I think you or I could have convinced him.

I've said this plenty, but any one of us could see how to be ambitious AND stay within the financial restrictions that are currently in place.

wasn't ba the form player of the two when he was sold, with cisse shunted out on the left?

Aye, I think you're right. It was the opposite at the end of the previous season iirc.

wasn't ba the form player of the two when he was sold, with cisse shunted out on the left?

Yeah, that how i remember it. The point i wanted to make was the club made no effort to remove Ba's contract clause because in the summer Cisse was seen as the better player and everyone knew they couldn't play together.

It still seems odd that we didn't go back in for Ba.

Yeah, that how i remember it. The point i wanted to make was the club made no effort to remove Ba's contract clause because in the summer Cisse was seen as the better player and everyone knew they couldn't play together.

It still seems odd that we didn't go back in for Ba.

Champions league football and a comparable wage packet elsewhere, even if it was in a place like Turkey, Russia etc.

Champions league football and a comparable wage packet elsewhere, even if it was in a place like Turkey, Russia etc.

I doubt we went in for him, as i dont think getting tubbed in the Champions League is a bigger draw than the Premiership? Edited by Phil

From the Riviere thread

Of course you compare him to Remy, he's replacing him in the team. You can bookmark this if you want because I'm telling you now we're not signing a better striker. Janmaat started the first two games for holland, then was dropped. I'm not dismissing him. I'm saying he's not an upgrade on Debuchy. The point I'm making is whether we're better off than how we started last season is so marginal that it's down to opinion, and for me the lack of a goalscorer makes us significantly worse off. It's the area of the team we've needed to strengthen for years but we've actually weakened it, again. You can clutch at straws that we'll sign a proven goalscorer but unless one inexplicably becomes free like Ba or Remy did (ridiculous good fortune) then it won't happen. People can get excited when we've actually made significant moves to strengthen and not just replace.

People were going on about how he was a good signing and that we just needed a 'senior' one to come in. I told you's he was as good as it was getting. I was attacked. Time yet like :)

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic