The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is histrionics when the players coming close are brand new to the league and to the team.

We are creating chances and these new signings will need time to settle.

We're not creating that many chances.

Every chance we can turn it around, but we've been in relegation form for over 8 months and don't look to have resolved that so far this season.

You yourself have shown that new signings tend to lead to a resurgence in form, that's what I'm expecting.

I'm not 100% sure we're done in the market. We are in a good position to benefit from the madness of the end of the window.

2aetqhl.jpg

Aye.

... whut?

That table doesn't mention "chances" at all. A chance can be a cross to a player who then doesn't get the shot away in time, or a through ball that the player miss-controls.

If they don't sign a striker it's gonna be a season of struggle, regardless of how well the other new signings adapt.

Yup. It might also mean the signings of Cabella and De Jong go largely wasted.

Sign a freaking striker and a CB ffs. How hard can it be considering the amount the likes of Everton have been splashing out on one player.

In all seriousness we've been close to scoring both games Perez was unlucky against City and if De Jong had been on longer I honestly believe he would have scored.

I'm still obviously keen to see an out and out finisher join, but I don't think we're relegation candidates without one. Mainly because we're two games in and I'm not one to get involved with histrionics. ;)

Being close to scoring doesn't put points on the board. I'm not basing what I say just on the two games we've played. I'm looking at our awfulness in the second half of last season, taking into consideration that the few pluses from last season have been sold on, and then questioning whether what we've signed is enough to improve what we've sold. Then I'm factoring in that if we get stuck in a rut, like we did in the second half of last season, our manager was pretty ineffective at inspiring a turnaround and then I'm thinking we're so reluctant to sack him that if we did get into a sticky situation I don't think he'd get the bullet quickly and decisively. I don't think we're relegation candidates yet, I just don't think it's a ridiculous suggestion that we get dragged into one this season, especially without a goalscorer.

Strikers are too expensive, get a false 9, a pseudo 10 and we'll be proxy 14th.

793448c2d157320fd9711416525d08b9.jpg

That's why you have to pay top whack though.

You can hope that a cheap deal does the job. But your season could be fucked come January and then you're buying from a position of desperation.

You yourself have shown that new signings tend to lead to a resurgence in form, that's what I'm expecting.

I'm not 100% sure we're done in the market. We are in a good position to benefit from the madness of the end of the window.

After how many games does your crystal ball indicate this resurgence will start? 10/20/38 games!! Edited by BLACKANDWHITEGEORDIE

793448c2d157320fd9711416525d08b9.jpg

That's why you have to pay top whack though.

You can hope that a cheap deal does the job. But your season could be fucked come January and then you're buying from a position of desperation.

We are desperate. Mike needs to drop £20m plus to get a finisher and it's apparent that his fat fingers can't fish that much out from behind his sofa.

Before someone accuses me of 2 game knee jerking, the last 5 months of last season was the most consistent period of dross I can recall. I've seen nothing yet to infer any notable improvement. Pardew's tactics stink and he's incapable of improvement as he's already red lining his meagre abilities.

Buy a proven goalscorer Mike, stop being a dick.

We are desperate. Mike needs to drop £20m plus to get a finisher and it's apparent that his fat fingers can't fish that much out from behind his sofa.

Before someone accuses me of 2 game knee jerking, the last 5 months of last season was the most consistent period of dross I can recall. I've seen nothing yet to infer any notable improvement. Pardew's tactics stink and he's incapable of improvement as he's already red lining his meagre abilities.

Buy a proven goalscorer Mike, stop being a dick.

Spot on. I have no faith in Pardew or his tactics to turn around a slump that goes back far into last season, new players I know but the problem is Pardew is basically going to be relying on pieces of individual brilliance from Cabella, De Jong and Sissoko rather than a working system. Riviere looks like a lad who wants a strike partner tbh, he's big, powerful and brave in the air but he hasn't appeared to be thriving in his isolated role in the albeit small sample of games so far, De Jong will probably come in and help him a bit in that respect but it'd be better if there was a pure finisher like Ba alongside him.

I don't have much fear of us getting relegated really, I think we'll grind out enough close results to keep us in and around mid table and it'll be as enthralling as it sounds.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic