The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course he can. We were talking what was spent in the summer.

But if that's what you're basing it on then we have £30m + to spend based on the cash we have (could well be quite a bit more than that now depending on the timings of the cashflow).

Fwiw I think your overall point of us not spending enough to make the changes required, and us missing a trick is right. But I still think our net spend will be more than your suggesting in doing that.

The idea that we have £34m to spend because we have a cash balance of £34m is a nonsense. It's an oversimplification to assume that we can operate on a cash balance of zero, as it is to assume that we operate on a permanent float of 34m. That is just a point in time. We may have more than that, we may have less. I know you haven't come up with this btw, and it was mainly used to illustrate a point.

We'll see anyway. I'm pretty out of touch with the exact amounts spent in recent seasons, so I may have incorrectly pitched the amount. You only have to look at the relative lack of imagination in the coach that we've appointed to see where all of this is going imo.

Is that right? The accounts weren't published for almost a year? I know that is posible like.

Yeah, should have been published a max of nine months after year end but the club went a couple of weeks over.

The idea that we have £34m to spend because we have a cash balance of £34m is a nonsense. It's an oversimplification to assume that we can operate on a cash balance of zero, as it is to assume that we operate on a permanent float of 34m. That is just a point in time. We may have more than that, we may have less. I know you haven't come up with this btw, and it was mainly used to illustrate a point.

We'll see anyway. I'm pretty out of touch with the exact amounts spent in recent seasons, so I may have incorrectly pitched the amount. You only have to look at the relative lack of imagination in the coach that we've appointed to see where all of this is going imo.

Aye I know only too well you need have working capital.

We shall see but my point was really that we spent in the region on £25m (going by reported transfer fees) when we were apparently in a less advantageous financial position. I don't think think it's unreasonable to think we could spend up to £30m this summer. But what will £30m get you? Two strikers and then how do be bolster the rest of the team? £30m isn't enough to really do what is needed to our squad.

Aye 30m isn't enough to sort out the back 4 (and provide adequate cover) or the striker situation, never mind both of them at once. This is what happens when you wilfully weaken a squad over successive seasons.

Plus even if they genuinely have had a mindset change and we set out on a journey to gradually put this shit right, the minute we find someone that is a gem we'll be actively looking to secure a profit on them again.

You're a proven moron with an unequalled record of stupidity which you've added to with this latest embarrassing drivel.

:lol: :lol:

I've got to laugh at every single story about us signing people, even staff from DERBY COUNTY, comes with the caveat of Checkbook Charnley being a tight bastard and a terrible negotiator. Nailed on to be an underwhelming window this with that moron running things.

I've got to laugh at every single story about us signing people, even staff from DERBY COUNTY, comes with the caveat of Checkbook Charnley being a tight bastard and a terrible negotiator. Nailed on to be an underwhelming window this with that moron running things.

Aye he's struggling like. He even found it hard to get McClaren in.

He'll be the head to roll as an excuse next season.

There's a reason why he's being paid peanuts compared to the others in his position.

For all I'm happy we have some football knowledge on the board now, the fact that he's the one negotiating all our deals means we might as well have Lee Ryder trying to sign players for us!

You're all over analysing. Decent coaching and a decent manager in charge last season would have secured far more points.

It's therefor quite sensible that a handful of decent additions will suffice to have us challenging for a top 8 finish.

We'll all be smiling by Friday. (Even the corners of glooms lips will move upwards a fraction).

Ok CT, we'll leave the under analysing to you. :good:

Our cash balance was £34m 12 months ago. My guess what it is now.

13/14 balance +£34m

14/15 income +£129m

14/15 wages -£68m

14/15 expenses -£30m

14/15 transfers -£19m

Balance available= £46m

They've been dragging down the profile of the club through the removal of both the identity and the underlying desire to achieve something on the pitch. It's testament to the commitment of the supporters that it's only really now that they've been hit so evidently by declining season ticket sales. Their cheap words in trying to bring the reformed around are nothing short of embarrassing and one can only hope that these supporters who were so loyal to the club will show the same commitment in staying away from games.

If there was any degree of substance in Mike Ashley's interview on the final day of the season we'd have seen Charlie Austin and others signed already. The reality is there is no change and there never will be one under Mike Ashley.

I think it's too early to say if we've turned a corner or not, although talk is cheap and our leaders are inveterate liars. You'd be a fool to base your season ticket renewal on their guff and McClarens appointment though.

I think it's too early to say if we've turned a corner or not, although talk is cheap and our leaders are inveterate liars. You'd be a fool to base your season ticket renewal on their guff and McClarens appointment though.

So on that score very few should have renewed as the only other thing left is blind hope. There'll still be 30k plus renewals though.

You'd be a fool to base your season ticket renewal on their guff and McClarens appointment though.

I would imagine there are thousands of season tickets being renewed based upon exactly that sadly.

So on that score very few should have renewed as the only other thing left is blind hope. There'll still be 30k plus renewals though.

30k fools sounds about right.

They've been dragging down the profile of the club through the removal of both the identity and the underlying desire to achieve something on the pitch. It's testament to the commitment of the supporters that it's only really now that they've been hit so evidently by declining season ticket sales. Their cheap words in trying to bring the reformed around are nothing short of embarrassing and one can only hope that these supporters who were so loyal to the club will show the same commitment in staying away from games.

If there was any degree of substance in Mike Ashley's interview on the final day of the season we'd have seen Charlie Austin and others signed already. The reality is there is no change and there never will be one under Mike Ashley.

Have any club made any major signing yet? Most players/agents are on holiday. The real action starts from 1 July.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic