The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except you wouldn't credit cash as the cash is still there, you would credit creditors falling due within one year. Basic stuff.

I actually typed out "or creditors" and deleted it as I didn't want to complicate matters. The point is it's all balance sheet. You didn't even know that 8 hours ago.

You're coming on a treat though, well done. :razz:

I knew. I just forgot is all...

Which didn't take away from my overall point that when you're not worried about impressing shareholders or creditors then it doesn't fucking matter which side of July the deal happens.

Fuck me Gemmill how could you possibly fo what I'm forced to do for a living as a hobby!

It's just retained knowledge at this stage. I know just about enough to convince my boss that he should pay my annual subscription fees.

It's just retained knowledge at this stage. I know just about enough to convince my boss that he should pay my annual subscription fees.

I've given up paying the subs. It makes fuck all difference as far as I can see.

If the deal is legally binding, it would need to be recognised, yes. I can provide T Accounts if anyone needs me to step them through the transaction.

I no longer work as an accountant btw, this is strictly a hobby for me now.

Purely based on stuff I do (which is fuck all like buying/selling players). I can agree a sale today and tell people we have agreed a sale, but I could post that sale in to my July figures. The cost of the sale would depend when the supplier invoiced me. We could agree a july invoice etc. Im not sure for clubs if they agree a legal document for the transfer of the player but I imagine they could say "we agree to sell this player on 1st July" and then its a done deal etc.

Either way, like you say, all that happens is we take an asset so has no impact on profitability (until they mess around with that assets value I guess in the way we depreciate assets). As we are said to have "cash in the bank" and that we like to pay in full, that shouldnt be a sticking point either.

I cant see any difference when deals do or dont happen basically.

Maybe it's just so that they don't have to pay just yet and reduce the bank balance in the acounts at the year end. I can't really see any particular value to this other than to sell the we have x amount in the bank so that people can latch on to that and think we are doing well.

Purely based on stuff I do (which is fuck all like buying/selling players). I can agree a sale today and tell people we have agreed a sale, but I could post that sale in to my July figures. The cost of the sale would depend when the supplier invoiced me. We could agree a july invoice etc. Im not sure for clubs if they agree a legal document for the transfer of the player but I imagine they could say "we agree to sell this player on 1st July" and then its a done deal etc.

Either way, like you say, all that happens is we take an asset so has no impact on profitability (until they mess around with that assets value I guess in the way we depreciate assets). As we are said to have "cash in the bank" and that we like to pay in full, that shouldnt be a sticking point either.

I cant see any difference when deals do or dont happen basically.

That sounds more like a purchase order though, which at that stage isn't a legal exchange of goods or services.

I think I get what you mean though in that both clubs could reach a mutual arrangement that the legal transfer is due to take place on 1st July, but I think that only happens with free agents where their contract runs out at 11:59pm on one day and you have a pre contract in place so they become your player at midnight.

Probably just saving on wages. If you buy 3 good players in June then that's half a million in wages for that month. ;)

Yeah this will be about Penfold saving beans

I think you're giving him too much credit. What you've suggested indicates that there's some kind of 'plan' in place, that we're working to. We don't have a fucking clue what we're doing, man.

Although I like to think he stands in front of the washroom mirror going "You're a tiger, Lee, time to hunt the big game!" before putting in a cheeky 7 mill offer for Austin

Even Bournemouth are giving it a go in the transfer market they've reportedly signed 6 players already including Mings from Ipswich for £8 million. Admittedly some of them are on a free but at least they're getting them over the line something Penfold and co seem to be having a problem doing.

Even Bournemouth are giving it a go in the transfer market they've reportedly signed 6 players already including Mings from Ipswich for £8 million. Admittedly some of them are on a free but at least they're getting them over the line something Penfold and co seem to be having a problem doing.

Would you want Mings to replace Hiadara?

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic