The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Been arguing we'd have 3 signings in for the last 3 or 4 weeks. Now it's only common sense that we haven't got any signings in yet.

And he wonders why nobody takes him seriously.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree tbh. I know they like to think of themselves as difficult sellers but that's when it's someone coming in for the likes of Carroll and Cabaye who they were happy to hang on to (mind you I think JFK fucked up somewhat with the Cabaye sale and paid the price with his job). I think they'll be more than happy to get Cisse off the payrol at this stage of his career and his fitness problems the last two seasons. I doubt we'll get £10m for Cisse.

They're happy enough selling anyone. If someone came in with a few million for Dummett, he'd be off as well. Think Cabaye & Debuchy were sold at valuation, Carroll was an astounding piece of business and frankly should exist only as an aberration. Ba had a very public release clause and Mbiwa/Santon fell foul of Pardew's ineptitude. If McClaren had already been in charge before those two were heading out the door, I don't think they'd have gone (That may just be hope).

I agree they'd be fine with Cisse going and I doubt their valuation of him is £10m, I was picking a figure that'd been touted and which was nice and round.

Not at all, the bit about Austin is not strange at all. Do you honestly think he or his agent are not going to bide their time after the season he's just had? Seriously?

Ridiculous to think otherwise.

Why didn't Ings'?

Couldn't pick more comparable situations. Both young, both English, both had good seasons, both for relegated sides, both fancied by a similar variety of club... so why has Ings' move to Liverpool been sorted already? Surely it'd be ridiculous for that to have happened?

Why didn't Ings'?

Couldn't pick more comparable situations. Both young, both English, both had good seasons, both for relegated sides, both fancied by a similar variety of club... so why has Ings' move to Liverpool been sorted already? Surely it'd be ridiculous for that to have happened?

So you think a player would compare signing for us similar to signing for Liverpool?

They're happy enough selling anyone. If someone came in with a few million for Dummett, he'd be off as well. Think Cabaye & Debuchy were sold at valuation, Carroll was an astounding piece of business and frankly should exist only as an aberration. Ba had a very public release clause and Mbiwa/Santon fell foul of Pardew's ineptitude. If McClaren had already been in charge before those two were heading out the door, I don't think they'd have gone (That may just be hope).

I agree they'd be fine with Cisse going and I doubt their valuation of him is £10m, I was picking a figure that'd been touted and which was nice and round.

Of course they're happy enough selling anyone if a good bid comes in. My point was more that they are most likely actively trying to get shot of cisse now. There's a difference between dealing with a bid that comes in an encouraging one. And I'm not talking about Pardew's efforts to encourage bids, I mean speaking to agents/clubs to let them know he's available. Fair enough with the valuation bit but whatever their valuation is they will be factoring getting that much into whatever budget they are working on for buying players (they will also factor in his wages no longer having to be paid). If we don't sell him or get less than what they are expecting we will spend the corresponding amount less.

So you think a player would compare signing for us similar to signing for Liverpool?

Is your point now that players will sign for bigger clubs than us early but we've not won the league since Noelie was knee high to a grasshopper and aren't in Europe so we should expect to have to wait til August to sign someone?

Is your point now that players will sign for bigger clubs than us early but we've not won the league since Noelie was knee high to a grasshopper and aren't in Europe so we should expect to have to wait til August to sign someone?

That's exactly what I said....... Not.

If Chaz had an offer from Arsenal on big money and the chance of CL football etc he would probably jump on it.

Not quite the same as jumping at the chance of joining "relegation favourites" on poor money.

Of course he's going to wait and see what offers come in.

Not at all, the bit about Austin is not strange at all. Do you honestly think he or his agent are not going to bide their time after the season he's just had? Seriously?

Ridiculous to think otherwise.

Nah, your line of thinking is ridiculous. If we offered good money and got to talk terms with Austin there is no way in hell his agent would tell us to fuck off so "chazz can go enjoy his summer holidays" :lol: he's a striker at a Championship club, he may well choose to knock us back in the hope of a club in Europe bidding for him or if we didn't offer him a wage he felt good enough but the point is we're not even offering a fair fee to get his representatives to the negotiating table.

Of course the club can just drag its fucking heels and watch him sign for Southampton, another club on the list of teams we can't compete with and there is one major reason we can't.

If Chaz had an offer from Arsenal on big money and the chance of CL football etc he would probably jump on it.

Not quite the same as jumping at the chance of joining "relegation favourites" on poor money.

He'd not get a start for Arsenal though, so he wouldn't necessarily jump on it...

The major point is that we haven't even had a bid accepted, which is what everyone's frustration is and why I pointed to the Austin point as being daft, the deal not happening so far has nothing to do with Austin's agent being the most laidback agent in the world and everything to do with the fact we simply, yet again, wont stump up the going rate for a target.

So we shouldn't bid for anyone until they no longer have any options then maybe we can put in an offer?

That must be how Bournmouth have signed players already is it?

I reckon we will sign 4/5 players. We also need to lose a few due to the size of the squad (although we should be cutting ties with the awful filler rather than our top scorer or other "better" players).

The ultimate frustration for me is there is no proof of any bids actually being made for anyone, at all. It is all monitoring/interest. Aye and I am interested in Monica Bellucci.

They need to put their money where their mouths are and quickly, otherwise McLaren best be the best coach in history cos he is going to have to make Williamson into a centre back and Obertan into a footballer.

Why didn't Ings'?

Not in any way attempting to be fair to CT for obvious reasons but Ings was blatantly leaving Burnley this summer because he was letting his contract run out. He also visited Moyes in Spain to speak to him during Burnleys relegation run in. That's why his move was done so quickly because hes had since January to talk to clubs.

I've said it before, Charnley makes Llambias look like a transfer genius. It's like getting the tea boy to put the tender in for a multi million pound contract. Hopelessly out of his depth...."Carvs assured me we won't go down". What a fuckin cunt.

No. That's not my point. That's why I didn't say anything like that.

Not in any way attempting to be fair to CT for obvious reasons but Ings was blatantly leaving Burnley this summer because he was letting his contract run out. He also visited Moyes in Spain to speak to him during Burnleys relegation run in. That's why his move was done so quickly because hes had since January to talk to clubs.

I've said it before, Charnley makes Llambias look like a transfer genius. It's like getting the tea boy to put the tender in for a multi million pound contract. Hopelessly out of his depth...."Carvs assured me we won't go down". What a fuckin cunt.

Austin was also always leaving QPR. My point is that both Ings and Austin were definitely making Summertime moves, one has resolved quickly because Liverpool showed genuine concrete interest in the player, and the player was genuinely happy with the offer ( be it cash, or playing time or whatever).

Austin obviously hasn't had genuine interest from a club, well not one he has genuine interest in joining with the deal as it is. If Chelsea had met the fee, doubled his wage and promised him guaranteed starts, of course he'd have already posted a vine of himself in nothing a Chelsea shirt, making the marital-bed version of the beast with two backs.

The reason we haven't signed anyone is the dickheads in charge care more about getting value for money on a deal with a good resale potential than paying the going rate for the players we actually need.

Of course they're happy enough selling anyone if a good bid comes in. My point was more that they are most likely actively trying to get shot of cisse now. There's a difference between dealing with a bid that comes in an encouraging one. And I'm not talking about Pardew's efforts to encourage bids, I mean speaking to agents/clubs to let them know he's available. Fair enough with the valuation bit but whatever their valuation is they will be factoring getting that much into whatever budget they are working on for buying players (they will also factor in his wages no longer having to be paid). If we don't sell him or get less than what they are expecting we will spend the corresponding amount less.

See its this transfer kitty/war chest thing that I don't buy. If we got £35m for Cisse, it's not getting released for Charnley, Carr, McClaren and Moncur to go on a spree. They'll have targets for this window, and valuations for those targets. We'd not go off and buy more than what we have targeted beyond replacing the outgoing player (if we even do that) and we'd not pick up the pursuit of a player whose club wouldn't sell at our valuation.

We've enough cash that if we sell no one we'll still buy some new blood, so they can reject daft bids for Cisse or Tiote and if the money is right, when we sell those two we're only going to get the players who were already on the radar.

The reason we haven't signed anyone is the dickheads in charge care more about getting value for money on a deal with a good resale potential than paying the going rate for the players we actually need.

Yup.

@@The Fish it's QPR who have to accept an offer from a buyer for Austin. Ings's agent could be a lot more up front in offering him to clubs. Am pretty sure up to the end of last week no one had even made an offer to QPR for Austin good or otherwise.

Regards Austin, is not a case of......

Clubs discuss ball park figure

Club given permission to sound out player / agent.

Terms agreed in principal at which point formal offer is submitted.

1 & 2 could well have happened at which point agent says..... "We'll let you know in a fortnight", while trying to encourage bigger fish to come in.

We managed to get in Janmaat, Perez, Aaron's, De Jong etc so silly to think we can't get a deal done.

It's just the normal pre-season anxiety that will dissipate once the window opens.

Ings is a tribunal job so fees didn't complicate it.

That's ridiculous like, Eddie Howe took him to Burnley from Bournemouth's league 2 first team so what Burnley had to do with his development am not sure.

@@The Fish it's QPR who have to accept an offer from a buyer for Austin. Ings's agent could be a lot more up front in offering him to clubs. Am pretty sure up to the end of last week no one had even made an offer to QPR for Austin good or otherwise.

... Right, so it has fuck all to do with his agent saying " Chill out Chaz, you're on your honeymoon, we'll sort this when you're back"

Which is what CT said.

And is bollocks.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic