The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Also there's got to be something up with Shaqiri; didn't have the attitude to work for it under Guardiola and Inter are trying to shift him after six months.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the southhampton game I think our needs are pretty clear. We need a LB, winger, DM, and CB. I don't think we need a striker with cisse Mitrovic ayoze and rivière eventually I think we should be fine. While overran played well he was played on the left when clearly he needs to be on the right besides Aarons and maybe cabella we don't have any true good wingers. Anita and colback played pretty good together but when tiote came in we went to shamble and I just don't trust him anymore. Haidara is just not up to par wouldn't be a bad back up but just not good enough for the starting 11 and finally CB I think with more play time mbemba and colo could play well together but we need depth behind them or even an upgrade to take over for colo.

I'm putting that down to not being match-fit.

Cabella would work well in the system we played, so could see a fair bit of time on the pitch at home.

An established left back would be good, though Haidara did improve as the match went on to his credit. A long, long way to go defensively but at that age with his limited premier league experience there could foreseeably be a solid amount of improvement in him.

Anita turned over possession cheaply on a few occasions on the weekend with no pressure on him which was a worry. His contribution was effective otherwise but against a better opposition he could get lost.

Tiote, Coloccini and de Jong are all well off full match fitness (Tiote and de Jong in particular) and will struggle for a while as a result.

I understand what everyone is saying about tiote not being match fit I agree 100% but the question I'll ask is when is the last time you saw tiote play well fit? It's been way too long though I will say that maybe mcclaren can get the best out of him but I'm just not sure. Haidara can maybe develop into a solid Lb but that will take time and I think he has a ceiling but if we get another lb maybe jetro who actually is younger I think Haidara can be a good back up and with games in the cups some leauge games and hopefully Europa next year he can still get play time CB would be good but doesn't have to start right away he can learn from cool and slowly overtake him as the year progresses. I agree cabella can play well in this system but I still would want 1 more talented winger

Linked with Sam Byram. He would be a good buy, could replace Obertan and also offer cover if Janmaat gets injured

£4m been quoted, but I read that he's just been offered a new contract for less money with Leeds, so could tip in our favour.

Don't know much about him other than he's an attacking-minded right back. Left side is more of an issue for me.

£4m been quoted, but I read that he's just been offered a new contract for less money with Leeds, so could tip in our favour.

Don't know much about him other than he's an attacking-minded right back. Left side is more of an issue for me.

Janmaat's replacement in case of a sale. Nobody is going to buy our left backs so no rush to get one.

Janmaat's replacement in case of a sale. Nobody is going to buy our left backs so no rush to get one.

Can't see us selling Janmaat and we've never really sourced a replacement in case of sale before, have we?

I know there's more to conceding goals than just the defence but it's crazy we haven't properly addressed our problems there when you look at how many we conceded last season (I think only QPR let in more goals).

I know there's more to conceding goals than just the defence but it's crazy we haven't properly addressed our problems there when you look at how many we conceded last season (I think only QPR let in more goals).

While I don't think it'll be enough to make a massive difference to league position, I think signing a 1st choice CB and changing the coaching staff will significantly reduce our issues at the back.

Also, when we lose, we surely won't collapse as we did with Pardew/Carver at the helm? What was HF's stat? We lost by >3 goals more often under Pardiola than under any other manager in our history?

The team don't seem too bothered when we concede a goal.No finger pointing no bollocking no anger.With no real leader in the team the same will happen this season.

If anger were useful imagine the world of opportunity that would open up for you.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic