The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd happily let Williamson go even without anyone coming in. Colo, Mbemba, Taylor, Lascelles and Dummett should all be ahead of him in the pecking order and that should do us until January at least.

I'm not a fan of Dummett but we would be down to playing a midfielder at leftback if he went and Haidara got injured and that's not acceptable.

Aye, Williamson is far enough down the pecking order that kids coming through the ranks should be ahead of him, so he's no loss.

with us?

Aye.

Is he still under 23? Doesn't that mean if anyone else were to offer him a deal we'd get compensation?

No idea. Maybe it's nothing more than McClaren sees potential?

Aye.

Is he still under 23? Doesn't that mean if anyone else were to offer him a deal we'd get compensation?

No idea. Maybe it's nothing more than McClaren sees potential?

I thought the compensation thing was why Sammy signed a new contract but then loaning him to Cardiff made no sense so fuck knows what this is all about. He said the other day that McClaren had basically told him they didn't fancy him.

i don't recall many others under ashley's regime. i do remember the horror that greeted the deadline day sibierski signing on here but i think fat fred was still in charge then. he turned out to be a lot better than old shefki. that one really was a piss take. i don't think we ever go to see that celebration, did we?

Spent decent money on what look like decent signings.

Doesn't gloss over the numerous windows of inactivity or selling for me. If you look at the squad now we have promising, good in other leagues, average and not very good players.

I think McClaren looks like doing a good job, he is making us harder to beat and I love the re-haul of the coaching set up. Need to spend the same again in the next 3 windows and get rid of the shite like Williamson and Marveux.

It's getting competitive again the Premiership. City will probably piss it this year but other teams can turn down obscene hostile bids now and keep their better players. With Man Utd and Liverpool spending recklessly and Arsenal spending nowt we might see a shake up in the top 4 before long.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic