The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Ashley Cole turned down the offer of a loan from us. Can't say I'm too fussed about that.

Totally out of left field, and it doesn't fit any of our parameters for a deal, and for that reason bannatyne.gif

Re: Charnley's email. Whoever wrote it understands the need for more transparency, more communication and a less abrasive tone than previously. If nothing else, that's a good sign.

Re: Charnley's email. Whoever wrote it understands the need for more transparency, more communication and a less abrasive tone than previously. If nothing else, that's a good sign.

yeah I agree. We've every right to he cynical but it sounds positive

Heard it all before.

Propaganda.

Do your fucking job, then you've no worries.

Aye. I've never quite understood the frantic need for communication from them but it is nice that they're attempting to be more transparent. I don't expect a similar outlay in January but an addition or two to cover up any glaring injuries/squad holes would be a good continuation.

Aye. I've never quite understood the frantic need for communication from them but it is nice that they're attempting to be more transparent. I don't expect a similar outlay in January but an addition or two to cover up any glaring injuries/squad holes would be a good continuation.

If they 'communicate' that St. James' Park is to to become SDA or 'communicate' the Wonga bullshit or any other bullshit does that make it alright? If they tell tell us we'll 'wipe our own nose' or any other such bollocks like 'Being vanerable to the big clabs' does that make it ok as long as they've 'communicated'? Communication means fuck all if the message is rhubarb.

(Not directed at the Ayatollah as such).

If they 'communicate' that St. James' Park is to to become SDA or 'communicate' the Wonga bullshit or any other bullshit does that make it alright? If they tell tell us we'll 'wipe our own nose' or any other such bollocks like 'Being vanerable to the big clabs' does that make it ok as long as they've 'communicated'? Communication means fuck all if the message is rhubarb.

I've always thought of 'communicating a message' as code for the 'explaining how you're about to fuck someone without them noticing'.

It'll take much more than a couple of emails and one decent window to rebuild bridges over the chasm between the club and the fans, but, that said, they have to start somewhere.

New manager

New coaching staff

Kept promise to spend big

Not sold best players

Taking cups seriously

More cheap away matches for fans

Kept promise to communicate better

So far, very good and looking forward to more of the same.

It will be nice to see the back of the toxic relationship.

It'll take much more than a couple of emails and one decent window to rebuild bridges over the chasm between the club and the fans, but, that said, they have to start somewhere.

New manager

New coaching staff

Not sold best players

Taking cups seriously

perhaps I spoke too soon...

:lol:

I've always thought of 'communicating a message' as code for the 'explaining how you're about to fuck someone without them noticing'.

See also the word, 'Consultation'. They do what they want but at least they went through a 'consultation' before fucking you.

New manager

New coaching staff

Not sold best players

Taking cups seriously

I'll be honest, I was still pretty sceptical but after thinking about your post in detail, well, you've won me completely over.

More of the same, Mike! :good:

New manager

New coaching staff

Not sold best players

Taking cups seriously

:lol:

Aye, that's my point. There was a period where they were only putting their head out to say something stupid, inflammatory or the complete opposite of what people wanted to hear. Even then, people DEMANDED more of the same. Fairly sure it was just to complain. I'd much rather they just went out and ran the club well and shut the fuck up.

Aye, that's my point. There was a period where they were only putting their head out to say something stupid, inflammatory or the complete opposite of what people wanted to hear. Even then, people DEMANDED more of the same. Fairly sure it was just to complain. I'd much rather they just went out and ran the club well and shut the fuck up.

Me too. My post last night was written when I was 'tired and emotional'. ;)

Running the club well is one thing, but how to they rebuild the relationship between the fans and the club without messages like this? We're not going to be lifting any silverware any time soon, so progress will only be visible on the pitch. At best that would get the fans behind the head coach, but we'd still be divorced from the club as an entity.

I'm not wholly convinced that Ashley, Charnley et al have ditched their previous approach entirely, but these emails are certainly better than the stark, abrupt statements we received in the past. Couple that with the intent shown in the window and the wholesale changes in the back room staff, the improved public relations through the impressive social media team, it does show, to me at least, that they're trying to reconnect.

It'll take more than this, and it'll need to be maintained for a good amount of time before I'm back on board, but then only a mouth-breathing moron would see a couple of emails and think a toxic relationship has been healed.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic