The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

I don't think Perez is wasted out wide, especially in our system. I think he's a good player with nice touches, good vision and an ability to finish well but I don't think he's in the game enough and ready to dictate play in the way you would demand and expect of a no. 10 in the Premier League. Townsend would provide a different type of option but I don't think he's as good as Perez and wouldn't necessarily improve the first XI. Even more so were we to sign Berahino which should be more of a priority.

Totally agree with this. If we signed Berahino (and I think it's a big if) he could play with Mitrovic, in place of him or in a wider forward position (like Ba & Remy did sucessfully here). Perez is better than Townsend (even if he has looked a bit jaded recently) and he can be used on the left along with Berahino and Aarons (obviously not all at the same time).

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have apparently ended our interest in Townsend and are looking at Sandro Rodriguez on loan from barca with Scott Sinclair or Matt Phillips next on the list

No idea about the kid from Barca but I'm not any more excited about Sinclair than I am about Townsend. Phillips looked decent when I've seen him but I've not seen much.

i've got a feeling we will end up with neither of these two. their agents are clearly bandying their names around, and i've never known us to wiin a bidding war in ashley in ashley's time. no way is he spending more than £20m on berahino. that's the sort of fee he likes to get for players, not splash out on them.

Edited by Dr Gloom

i'd be very surprised if we weren't in for him. we were certainly linked with him. it could have been that he picked them over us. i probably would if i were him right now too - they're a way more stable club than we've been in recent years.

I agree. Plus Ireckon he wanted to stay in the South

Bit late to the game, but I wouldn't change the starting XI to include either of these players.

I'd drop dummet from LB and put that mbabu or whatever there, other than that I'd drop Colback over anita any day - Anita and Shelvey is the future! (I know no one here rates Anita, but for some reason I always think he's a good player everytime I see him). Again railing against the concensus, I'm happy to put Perez on the right (he's comfortable there) and bring Gino behind Mitrovic, as Gino's runs are always dangerous.

Edited by scoobos

i've got a feeling we will end up with neither of these two. their agents are clearly bandying their names around, and i've never known us to wiin a bidding war in ashley in ashley's time. no way is he spending more than £20m on berahino. that's the sort of fee he likes to get for players, not splash out on them.

Completely agree. Ashley only does bargains. Signing Austin would have been more his style.

Bit late to the game, but I wouldn't change the starting XI to include either of these players.

I'd drop dummet from LB and put that mbabu or whatever there, other than that I'd drop Colback over anita any day - Anita and Shelvey is the future! (I know no one here rates Anita, but for some reason I always think he's a good player everytime I see him). Again railing against the concensus, I'm happy to put Perez on the right (he's comfortable there) and bring Gino behind Mitrovic, as Gino's runs are always dangerous.

Where does Sissoko go?

Why are we not going after a keeper? Loan move at this juncture would be preferable. If Rob Elliot goes down we are screwed.

Because if we were to sign a 'keeper we'd be stuck with 4 that are in or around the 1st team squad when all are fit.

Krul

Elliott

Darlow

plus Woodman is highly regarded.

Id rather keep what we've got than sign Gomis. Rivière isn't much worse tbh

Gomis has at least shown he can score a couple but fuck me, he can narf miss a sitter. I don't think they've much confidence in Riviere but with Toney out, he's probably going to have to be kept as an option for now.

Supposedly Espanyol are mulling over a bid from Charnley for 21 year old forward, Mamadou Sylla Diallo.

Shot 19 times. Even 50cent couldn't beat that

For what, if anything, it's worth.

Latest from Mark Douglas.

Right, so a little bit of information for you about Newcastle United’s two transfer targets. Both deals are proving very difficult to do but my understanding is that United haven’t given up completely on Saido Berahino and Andros Townsend. That could change in the next 24-48 hours.

Does that mean the deals will be done? Both in the balance at the moment. It’s looking very much touch and go.

Saido Berahino

United’s desire to do this deal is driven by the fact that Berahino is open to this move. Indeed he’s keen to move to Newcastle if something can be worked out, having told friends he sees United as a “progression” in his career.

The problem is Jeremy Peace is ready to drive a very hard bargain. Will Lee Charnley blink? If the valuation is close to £30million - as was suggested in certain places on Thursday morning - what would you do?

Newcastle are sourcing other, alternative targets.

Andros Townsend

Sources close to the player have indicated he is “desperate” to move to Newcastle but Spurs are standing firm on their valuation of £14million. There’s an impasse at the moment but again, the deal - while on life support - is not yet dead.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic