The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We shouldn't be spending anything north of 5-6 million on anyone while we're in the Championship. It would be daft and they more than likely wouldn't cut it in the Premiership. Loan deals and a few signings here and there will do.

Market's changed a lot since we were last down there. I wouldn't mind spending around £10m on a player if he was able to not only perform in the Championship, but could also make the step up.

I was thinking about the £10m that was being talked about for McCormack and with the new TV deal next season, that might not be as daft a fee as it once was. Mind you, I see that they're now saying his release fee is £15m. Even in an inflated market that would be too much.

You can't just think like that though. If we spunk a shit load this season on players who are good enough to get us out of the championship but then not good enough for the premier league and too old to have much of a resale value, where does that leave us? Short of cash and short of quality.

Market's changed a lot since we were last down there. I wouldn't mind spending around £10m on a player if he was able to not only perform in the Championship, but could also make the step up.

10m is daft to spend on McCormack though, I'd rather go with what we've got or get Bamford on loan too. I'd rather wait and see and possibly spend that money in January when we can assess where we are and how well players have done so far in the season, but to spend money just because we can would be wrong imo.

You can't just think like that though. If we spunk a shit load this season on players who are good enough to get us out of the championship but then not good enough for the premier league and too old to have much of a resale value, where does that leave us? Short of cash and short of quality.

Yeah I can. If Rafa is backed then we'll be alright.

I think for far too long this club has been looking 'long term' with young players, Thauvin etc that's there's nothing wrong with going out and buying some short term players like McCormack

I'm not saying lets go and buy loads of oldies, but we are currently a Championship team and we need to bring in players to get us out of this division. Once we are back in the premierleague we should have money available to bring in a higher standard of player

I think for far too long this club has been looking 'long term' with young players, Thauvin etc that's there's nothing wrong with going out and buying some short term players like McCormack

I'm not saying lets go and buy loads of oldies, but we are currently a Championship team and we need to bring in players to get us out of this division. Once we are back in the premierleague we should have money available to bring in a higher standard of player

I don't think we need to buy young players but if we're spending big money in the championship I'd like to see it spent on someone who could last us more than a season (hoping we only stay a season in the championship).

We've also got Rafa now, so there's a chance we can still attract quality. Out of favor or unsettled in their current club quality, that is.

DK - Short of cash and quality is what we've had for the past 2 years , according to ashleys "the bank is bust" bollox anyway.

Edited by scoobos

10m is daft to spend on McCormack though, I'd rather go with what we've got or get Bamford on loan too. I'd rather wait and see and possibly spend that money in January when we can assess where we are and how well players have done so far in the season, but to spend money just because we can would be wrong imo.

Absolutely £10m is too much for McCormack, and I don't think it's reasonable for BAmford either. However, if there's a striker out there we can sign for £10m who'll not only score goals in the Championship, but continue in the Premier League, we shouldn't be afraid to spend that kind of money.

Don't think anyone has a problem with signing experienced pros, but not for £10m and certainly not when that player's never performed in the top flight. How much could we sell a 31yr old Ross McCormack?

Absolutely £10m is too much for McCormack, and I don't think it's reasonable for BAmford either. However, if there's a striker out there we can sign for £10m who'll not only score goals in the Championship, but continue in the Premier League, we shouldn't be afraid to spend that kind of money.

Don't think anyone has a problem with signing experienced pros, but not for £10m and certainly not when that player's never performed in the top flight. How much could we sell a 31yr old Ross McCormack?

i wouldn't be upset if we bought McCormack for 10m tbh, if we can bring in a young lad who can score goals in this league and then the Prem then great but I rate the player.

I think he's good enough for the top flight, resale value wouldnt be high though

I want to leave so I hope there will be no problem for me to find my happiness at another club.

- Sissoko

Thank fuck for that, he'll never be happy because he'll never play for the level of club he thinks he should be at.

:lol:

The only real silver lining with sissoko is that he's blown his chance at the CL. At least in terms of teams likely to make an impression on it. He'll know that and hopefully it'll hurt.

"It is flattering that a coach like him, a great coach, wants to keep me. But I think he knows that playing in the Championship would be difficult for me.

If he doesn't think he's good enough for the championship, I can't see how he thinks he can play in the champions league.

"It is flattering that a coach like him, a great coach, wants to keep me. But I think he knows that playing in the Championship would be difficult for me.

If he doesn't think he's good enough for the championship, I can't see how he thinks he can play in the champions league.

Aye at least he knows he'd struggle, he only managed 1 decent game out of every 10 in the PL so maybe that would be 1 in 5 in the Championship. In truth it'd probably be more like 1 in every 20 simply because he definitely wouldn't be fucking arsed in the Championship.

I honestly don't know who he thinks will want him the way he has played for the last 3-4 seasons, even on his good days it's completely clear what his limitations are as he completely spoons one on ones and any situation where he has time on the ball to think (or overthink as he does at times), he's also very limited technically as well.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic