The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benitez isn't a "make do" type. This could be him thinking our 'keepers are shit as opposed to one wanting out

I think you're right, I would imagine he sees him as his number one. Or at least thinks Krul is away and doesn't think all the other options are good enough.

He's quick which is something we are missing up front.

Townsend out Gayle in for similar money weakens us though I reckon, both have pace, townsends better.

Townsend out Gayle in for similar money weakens us though I reckon, both have pace, townsends better.

Townsend would be on a hell of a lot more wage wise. Ideally I'd want to hang on to both as pace is something we're not abundant in, and I think they're quite different.

Maybe the rumours about Matt Ritchie from Bournemouth maybe close to the mark if Townsend is off.....not a lot of pace but grafts hard and delivers a nice ball, bit like a low rent Beckham? Scores his fair share but didnt really seem take his full back on either last season, or in the odd occasion I've seen him for Scotland. If he comes maybe Rafa can improve aspects of his game as he does have ability.

Aye definitely. If Townsend leaves and the Ritchie rumours are true, Rafa could be thinking about playing 442 imo. I'm not sure Gayle can play up front on his own in the championship.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic