The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Classic CT contrariness. The one transfer window for a while when there's genuine excitement, despite the fact we were relegated, that we finally have a quality manager who Ashley is backing and he doesn't fancy his signings.

Which of the signings really excite you?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they'll all do well in the championship. They key point you're choosing to ignore is we have a top manager who wants to be here and is being backed.

Im not sure why anyone would expect "exciting" signings when we're a championship club

Who was it last time again? Peter Lovenkrands and Danny Simpson wasn't it?

Because we have Rafa, Because we have lots of money etc etc .

There's still time, but Dwight Gayle hasn't stirred my loins.

I think we've been here before....."brilliant signinging, credit to Mike.....is he any good??!" :D

Even if we signed the best young player from the u21 squad of a perennial champions league club how the fuck would you get genuinely excited about him when you're, by your own admission, the least qualified person on here to make any comment whatsoever about players from other clubs?

I think we've been here before....."brilliant signinging, credit to Mike.....is he any good??!" :D

Even if we signed the best young player from the u21 squad of a perennial champions league club how the fuck would you get genuinely excited about him when you're, by your own admission, the least qualified person on here to make any comment whatsoever about players from other clubs?

Why under 21? Why not one of City's spare strikers or Liverpool's or real madrids?

Does Dwight Gayle excite you?

Why under 21? Why not one of City's spare strikers or Liverpool's or real madrids?

You basically just described a bunch of under-21s and Mario Balotelli.

Dwight Gayle is probably as good a signing as we can make given our circumstances. I think I can see the pattern of your wummery for the coming season, "try to discredit stuff Rafa does, that'll drive them fuckin mad" :D

What group they come from is irrelevent to my point, for most normal people it's difficult to get excited about someone and indeed a subject they know fuck all about.

Do you want a 23 year old who has been on loan to four or five different clubs, in and around the lower reaches of the premier league/bog standard championship sides, that he's quite plainly not good enough for, to provide excitement for you? That's basically what you're suggesting.

The fact remains that you wouldn't have a fucking clue who they are though. He could sign Ibrahimovic and you'd have to ask if he's any good.

Dwight Gayle is probably as good a signing as we can make given our circumstances. I think I can see the pattern of your wummery for the coming season, "try to discredit stuff Rafa does, that'll drive them fuckin mad" :D

What group they come from is irrelevent to my point, for most normal people it's difficult to get excited about someone and indeed a subject they know fuck all about.

Do you want a 23 year old who has been on loan to four or five different clubs, in and around the lower reaches of the premier league/bog standard championship sides, that he's quite plainly not good enough for, to provide excitement for you? That's basically what you're suggesting.

God you're a predictable bore :lol:

I haven't discredited anything Rafa does. Quite the opposite in fact.

That doesn't mean it's wummary not to get excited by Dwight Gayle or wummary to hope he gets a couple of good loan signings in.

That doesn't mean it's wummary not to get excited by Dwight Gayle or wummary to hope he gets a couple of good loan signings in.

How will you possibly know if they're good or not?

Can you give us examples of such players?

That's a low blow and you know it. :lol:

This is a ridiculous argument btw. You can't honestly tell me Dwight Gayle got you excited or that you would be upset if Rafa brought in a couple of prem loan signings.

Stop being wilfully fuckin stupid. You're not getting out of this hole by repeating the same utter shit. You wouldn't know a decent loan signing if he ran up and bit you on the arse.

Because I'd either have heard of them, looked at their stats or seen the football brains in getting excited.

By your own admission you don't know the 1st 11 of the top clubs, so how would you possibly have heard of the kind of player we're going to get?

Haven't you also dismissed stats previously? And Football brains?

By your own admission you don't know the 1st 11 of the top clubs, so how would you possibly have heard of the kind of player we're going to get?

Haven't you also dismissed stats previously? And Football brains?

And facts

Stop being wilfully fuckin stupid. You're not getting out of this hole by repeating the same utter shit. You wouldn't know a decent loan signing if he ran up and bit you on the arse.

Whether I know about a player in advance has fuck all to do with getting some good loan signings. There's plenty of players bought and loaned who I've never heard of until we are interested in them. That doesn't mean fans then can't get excited about them.

I'd never heard of Cabaye, but it was obvious from the press / fans he was a good player, therefore as a fan I could get excited.

Asking me about who they may be, given my well proclaimed lack of interest in watching anyone but Newcastle is about as childish as it's possible to get on the Internet :lol:

That's a low blow and you know it. :lol:

This is a ridiculous argument btw. You can't honestly tell me Dwight Gayle got you excited or that you would be upset if Rafa brought in a couple of prem loan signings.

It's not a low blow at all and the ridiculous argument is yours. You're advocating bringing in loan signings who you don't know with the only justification seemingly being if we can only get them on loan they must be better players. I already stated in the Hayden thread that I'd prefer not to bring in loan players as it only benefits the parent club so no I wouldn't be particularly happy if we brought in loan signings. I'd only be happy about it if it brought in a quality player who's ready to walk straight into the team. Clubs don't loan those sort of players out to second tier teams though. They loan young kids they want you to develop or problem players. I don't see how it benefits us to bring in either.

For the record, Gayle doesn't massively excite me but I do think he's good enough to get 15 goals + this season. I'm also confident Mitro will score 20+. Neither of those players excite you but are more than capable in the league we are in. You only have to look at the records of players like Cameron Jerome, Abel Hernandez and Danny Murphy. In this league they've banged them in but they all have considerably worse records than our strikers in the premier league.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic