The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently West Ham are looking far in excess of £15m for him. Looks like 37 appearances and 8 goals in 3 seasons actually increases your value.

We should flog de Jong for >£20m then.

• 4 weeks later...

Rumours flying around that Adel Tarrabt and Andros Townsend will be on there way here.

I'd stay away from Tarrabt, he's exactly what we don't need. Townsend is the sort of winger that we need, although he's had a bad run of form and injuries. He does have potential though and is still quite young.

Really don't understand the love for Lennon, has never produced consistently, doesn't play in the area we're weakest and will cost a shit ton in wages.

Rumours flying around that Adel Tarrabt and Andros Townsend will be on there way here.

I'd stay away from Tarrabt, he's exactly what we don't need. Townsend is the sort of winger that we need, although he's had a bad run of form and injuries. He does have potential though and is still quite young.

Townsend was dropped to the reserves after a fall out with one of the coaches iirc

Townsend has got pace to burn. I like what I've seen of him. Not sure about that tarrabt.

I'm sure about taarabt, hes shit and a terrible professional.

For a team that is desperate for some quality in central midfield/defence and some leaders the last thing we need is that prick anywhere near us.

McLaren must've had Tarrabtat at QPR?.... where Redknapp said he was the worst pro he'd ever come across :lol:

Yeah but it's not like he has any say in the matter

Townsend has got pace to burn. I like what I've seen of him. Not sure about that tarrabt.

Wasn't Sissoko the fastest player in the Premier League last season? I don't think we need an inconsistent but pacey right winger. I think we need a dominant centre back, a playmaker who sits deep, and a mobile competent left sided wing/full back.

(I've no idea how they've figured that out, did he hit the highest speed? Was he consistently hitting a high speed? :dunno:)

I'm not excusing arguments with coaching staff or proclaiming to know what went on, but to be fair to Townsend he had just broke into the England squad. As a young player surely all he wants to do is play and he found himself frozen out. It's natural for him to be frustrated. There's definitely a player there. I agree we should be making the defence a priority, but we have been crying out for a good winger with good service for a long time now, he'd be good foil for Mitrovic. At the minute there is little to no good service into the box.

I'm not excusing arguments with coaching staff or proclaiming to know what went on, but to be fair to Townsend he had just broke into the England squad. As a young player surely all he wants to do is play and he found himself frozen out. It's natural for him to be frustrated. There's definitely a player there. I agree we should be making the defence a priority, but we have been crying out for a good winger with good service for a long time now, he'd be good foil for Mitrovic. At the minute there is little to no good service into the box.

he looks like an exciting young player to me.

6 career assists, not sure that constitutes good service. Also plays most of his football on the right, despite being left footed, so he tends to cut in and shoot rather than owt else and with 6 career goals he doesn't seem that deadly at that either.

Guy is all fart and no shite, only gets hyped cos he is British and scored a belter for England.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic