The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else are we going to get realistically? We are favourites to be relegated. He's got potential, same as Shelvey. Can't say I'm unhappy with those 2. Just need a striker and we've had 2 good Windows, Thuavin aside

Signing 1 first team defender in 2 windows after the cricket scores we've been victim of is failure for me

:lol: This fucking club, bet the daft cunts were sat on their hands waiting to offer him a contract on a free at the end of the season (which I'm sure they would have been outbid for anyway). Shown to be a pretty clinical finisher at a shite Premier League side that weren't creating much, no chance will they find a striker as good as him for 4m.

I want a personal explanation as to why this was allowed to happen

and i guess fans of most teams in the bottom half of the premiership could argue the same, swansea, norwich, villa are all crying out for a striker for example,not just us. Doesnt southampton seem more attractive than all those clubs?

I think we're crying out for a LB more than a striker. Mitrovic will come good as long as he keeps away from the 442 formation he's been playing.

I think the lad just needs chances, he doesn't get that many a game really. I know he has missed some 'easy' chances in recent games but it might be the only one he gets all match. If we go out and get a LB and a winger I'll be pleased with the window.

I think the lad just needs chances, he doesn't get that many a game really. I know he has missed some 'easy' chances in recent games but it might be the only one he gets all match. If we go out and get a LB and a winger I'll be pleased with the window.

Aye exactly especially the WBA and Everton games where it looked like we were set up to draw or not lose those games. If he continues with this 4-3-3 and adds in a left back then we'll be more fluid attackingwise. Plus Dummett can be our 3rd choice CB as he's done well there and seems a more natural CB than LB.

Is he a right winger?

Can play several positions, in recent years mostly used as an inverted right winger (cut inside and shoot, powerful if inaccurate shots)

At youth level he was more of a traditional left winger, when it was more popular to have wide men keep width and deliver crosses.

He's also played a handful of first team games as left back, mostly in Europa League.

His best position if the team can afford it is probably a free central role like Steve McManaman used to have. Townsend is a two feeted dribbler that can go both left and right. At QPR he sat an all time Premier League record playing like this, as the player with most succesful number of dribbles in a PL game.

Gomis offered to us for £7mil. Suggests Swansea need cash and are preparing for relegation by removing high earners

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/635265/Sunderland-Swansea-Premier-League-Andre-Ayew-Sam-Allardyce-Islam-Slimani-Transfer-News

I would take Ayew like, even at £14mil. He would likely choose us over Mackems as well

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic