The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what the kid is about

belter.

looks like he was starting on the left there too?

i honestly think he'll be better or as good as any of our other wide options.

belter.

So do I as all of the rest of our wide options are either utter shite, completely uninterested, injured or all three.

Still don't rate him though, he's always seemed a match of the day player to me. As with Shelvey I'll be happy if he proves me wrong though.

belter.

Do you have a wide on for him?

Two things about him you can't deny mind, is that he can certainly strike a ball with both feet and he has pace. The second of those particularly is something that will befefit us.

Thirdly, he looks like Lionel Richie.

sissoko and townsend on the flanks sounds alright to me. i'd rather he was out there than gouffran, cabella, thauvin or even perez, at this stage. he must be an upgrade on the dross we've seen out there in recent years. he's fast as fuck, can dribble past players and looks like he has a decent shot on him.

i'll admit to only seeing his england games and bits and pieces on motd and the odd spurs game on sky so perhaps i'll be proved wrong after he signs but i reckon this could be a good move for him and us. i fucking hope so anyway. we're desperate for new blood, whatever fish will have you believe.

That quote of his is interesting. He's spent most of his career playing on the right, yet seems excited about the prospect of playing Left Side for us. Honestly, I'd love to see him maintain the form shown in his highlight compilations, but he's not been hugely consistent throughout his career.

Still need a striker, still need a left back and could do with another body or 2 even if it's just a <£2m teenager from a lower league.

Two of the last 3 signings have been for the here and now, not "ones for the future". Arguably the summer transfers were too. Is this a change in the Fat Man's approach? Is this McClaren's boardroom influence? Or is it, as has been mentioned, just panic buying like we did with Sissoko et al?

Or there's a lot of sales to come!

Who have we got worth much? Sissoko might bring in a few quid off his highlights reel and Gini would be worth a fair bit but other than we don't have too many we're capable of selling for £10m+

Edited by ewerk

I think Cisse and Tiote will be sold at the first opportunity. Plus Gouffran, Obertan, Marvaux, Thauvin, Cabella, Riviere, Williamson and maybe Haidara. Then Sissoko is a knocking bet in the summer whether we stay up or no. Hopefully we might get to keep Gini for another year. You're right though, only those two will bring in anything significant.

Two of the last 3 signings have been for the here and now, not "ones for the future". Arguably the summer transfers were too. Is this a change in the Fat Man's approach? Is this McClaren's boardroom influence? Or is it, as has been mentioned, just panic buying like we did with Sissoko et al?

I think it's complete panic.

I like the buy, people can say we've been ripped off but it makes no difference to me whatsoever and imo it's fully deserved as when you allow other clubs to hold the cards you risk this sort of thing. We still need a striker and a left back (or CB but that can wait until the summer if we get a LB) but, Saivet aside (just seems like a French Alan Smith to me), I'm happy with the window so far.

It's good to have an actual winger who McClaren will play, it'll give the side a bit more balance. Of course the complete lack of games he has over the past few years are a worry but hopefully his fitness levels are good so he can make an impact soon. As has been said it further removes shite like Obertan and Gouffran from the first team equation which is always a good thing.

Who have we got worth much? Sissoko might bring in a few quid off his highlights reel and Gini would be worth a fair bit but other than we don't have too many we're capable of selling for £10m+

Moussa, Gini, Perez, would go for for north of £10m, Gini maybe north of £20m.

Might get a little over £10m for Mbemba and Mitrovic if their form maintains/improves.

I think it's complete panic.

I like the buy, people can say we've been ripped off but it makes no difference to me whatsoever and imo it's fully deserved as when you allow other clubs to hold the cards you risk this sort of thing. We still need a striker and a left back (or CB but that can wait until the summer if we get a LB) but, Saivet aside (just seems like a French Alan Smith to me), I'm happy with the window so far.

It's good to have an actual winger who McClaren will play, it'll give the side a bit more balance. Of course the complete lack of games he has over the past few years are a worry but hopefully his fitness levels are good so he can make an impact soon. As has been said it further removes shite like Obertan and Gouffran from the first team equation which is always a good thing.

:lol:

:(

I'm willing to give the lad a chance but as I said in another thread any forward that becomes a DM/CM/whatever the fuck he is type player makes me think they're a clogger. Type of player that is only really still a professional due to their speed/work ethic/ athleticism, I'm not a fan of Colback or Anita but I'd be surprised if he was any more use to us then them two.

Moussa, Gini, Perez, would go for for north of £10m, Gini maybe north of £20m.

Might get a little over £10m for Mbemba and Mitrovic if their form maintains/improves.

Gini certainly won't be going anywhere for less than £20m in the current market. I think you would get north of £10m for Sissoko, Perez and Mbemba. No chance for Mitrovic at the minute.

Corinthians have apparently agreed to loan Pato to Chelsea (according to BBC) which makes Chelsea more likely to loan Remy to us.

I'd be happy getting Remy in as a short term fix until the summer but we really have to do something up front, I like Mitro but having a 21 year old kid lead the line for us in his first season was daft and he needs someone to take the pressure off from time to time.

I'm willing to give the lad a chance but as I said in another thread any forward that becomes a DM/CM/whatever the fuck he is type player makes me think they're a clogger. Type of player that is only really still a professional due to their speed/work ethic/ athleticism, I'm not a fan of Colback or Anita but I'd be surprised if he was any more use to us then them two.

I'll give any knobhead a chance. :D

If we re-sign Remy, we're only a new left back away from it being one of the best windows for a while

Is this a Disney movie where you've swapped bodies with Hadynator or something?

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic