The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a Disney movie where you've swapped bodies with Hadynator or something?

tbf, it's starting from a low expectation base. but if we end up with shelvey, townsend, remy and a decent left back then it's the best january window since the panic stricken winter of 2013

Be amazed if we sign a left back with Taylor back in the squad and Dummett meant to be fit again. Not ideal but both can play there. If we sign Remy though it'll be fantastic.

Not confident about signing Remy, tbh. He's turned us down a few times and while yes, the Euros are round the corner, he's not been grabbing the scant opportunities to impress at Chelsea...

Odd that Luke Edwards of the Telegraph is reporting a fresh bid for Lacazette, not normally one for clickbait Transfer hype/hopes. Probably the Agent trying to raise awareness of his client, but it's notable none the less.

"As soon as I knew of Newcastle's interest they was the only club I wanted to join.

"Two of the biggest positions you can play in football are centre forward or left winger - I've got the chance to play one of those, I could never turn that down.

"I can't wait to play my first game at St. James' Park - I'm excited."

...sounds like he'll play left wing

"As soon as I knew of Newcastle's interest they was the only club I wanted to join.

"Two of the biggest positions you can play in football are centre forward or left winger - I've got the chance to play one of those, I could never turn that down.

"I can't wait to play my first game at St. James' Park - I'm excited."

...sounds like he'll play left wing

I watched the whole of Palace v Spurs at the weekend and tbh the way the Pocchetino has them set up its difficult to see where a lad who likes to get a bit of chalk on his boots would fit in with their style of play, so am thinking that would be the overriding reason he's not been getting games rather than him being a bit crap.Almost all of their width and crosses came from either Rose or Trippier (who on that performance is better than Clyne by miles, should be going to France) with Alli and Eriksen buzzing around in front of Dier. Thing is they had to bring Chadli on for Dier to change things around a bit because for all their possession Palace were putting up a decent fight. He pulled wide and lobbed a nothing ball to Kane who nodded it in. Maybe there's not room for more than one senior wide wide man in Spurs squad?..

Not sure about Townsend's service/final ball like but am hoping he'll be more of the one trick pony some gobshites portray him as.

Nice show reel. Every clip is him running miles and/or taking a swing unchallenged in miles of space. While most of them bobble along the ground, Some he manages to get enough power to reach the goal without a bounce.

Got my fingers crossed for the lad that he can beat his records of 12 appearances, 2 goals and 2 assists in an entire season at Newcastle.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic