The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Townsend is a very good player.

When confident, and flying he's great.

Criticisms - a bit eager to shoot, and can be greedy, but he's young.

Will be a worthy addition to NUFC, I'm certain.

Kind of sad to see him go.

Without observation

How to enjoy the lovely

Andrew Townsend?

Adebayour signed for Palace so Pardew can do his magic with him.

You have to wonder why it took 26 days to sign a player the world knew was a free agent since September. Either the club didn't really want him but he was the best they could get or vice versa with the player.

According to Calciomercato.it, Lazio have lowered their demands for the player from €10m to €7m (£5.3m).

Theres your answer, if he improves us then theres no harm, given that our lot only seem able to focus on one deal at any one time it is a concern that there are no links to defenders or forwards anywhere.

Some of the posts in this thread man :lol:

I am excited about seeing him. However when I have normally had this excitement about a player the managers or coaching stuff have fucked them up and played them out of position :(

Doesnt that make it just the £32m spent on replacing Ben Arfa?

Would have been a lot cheaper (and more popular) to shoot Pardew and send the fat bastard to a health farm.

Doesnt that make it just the £32m spent on replacing Ben Arfa?

Would have been a lot cheaper (and more popular) to shoot Pardew and send the fat bastard to a health farm.

Or to spend £20/25 million one someone good...

People seem to be making a great deal of us spending £8m and £12m and £12m to replace Ben Arfa as if we're throwing cash at it, but ignoring anything we get back or have as an asset.

We're supposed to be getting £6m for Cabella which would mean we break even after amortisation.

Anything less than £9.6m will be a loss on Thauvin and we might not get that, but we'll get at least £5m+ I'd imagine.

We don't know how good or bad Townsend will end up being and whether or not he'll turn us a profit or loss.

All you can say was wasted right now now is the £5.3m fee for Ben Arfa himself, because Pardew was unable to integrate him in a squad in any way shape or form.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic