The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's weird that the club never ever sees the defence as worthy of spending money on. We have no end of crappy midfielders but we're only ever an injury or two away from crisis. If we do manage to save our skins this season, we need to completely rethink the defence imo. It's not good enough across the board

It's weird that the club never ever sees the defence as worthy of spending money on. We have no end of crappy midfielders but we're only ever an injury or two away from crisis. If we do manage to save our skins this season, we need to completely rethink the defence imo. It's not good enough across the board

At least Williamson departs permanently tomorrow :)

Aye, new left back is a must and a centre back who could challenge colo for a start and provide cover for right back would be good.

Fwiw, I was chatting to a spurs season season ticket holder today who reckons we've got a player in Townsend. He reckons he's got loads of potential but just had poccetino just didn't fancy him for whatever reason. Plus he's gagging to play his way back into contention for the England squad for the euros.

i hate the thought of Remy coming back here purely on principle of him being a mercenary cunt, can't see us paying the money which if its 10+ he's not worth nevermind what his wages will be anyway.

i'd say Spurs will land Berahino, we've probably helped with that paying for townsend.

If we were 15th I'd agree, but I don't think we can be principled in this.

If it were me, I'd would have bought Shelvey early doors, thrown money at Austin and Lacazette, brought Matip on the back of those three signings and wanked myself into a bloody mess as we scamper up the league table like rats up a drainpipe.

Absolutely. Left back in particular.

Colo has bucked his game up quite a bit recently and Mbemba has been performing all season. With Taylor almost fit and Lascelles there, there's absolutely no chance of us signing a centreback now.

:aye:

But again, if this club was run properly, we'd take him on loan until the end of the season because the short term outlay (wages & possible loan fee) is more than returned by his quality and experience.

To be honest it should be covered by this

Edited by The Fish

I'm certainly not doubting his talent. I'm saying that we he will have infinitely more attractive suitors than ourselves.

Suppose Chelsea might want a player to go on loan to us as opposed to a permanent move to Liverpool for example. Especially as Hiddink might not be there beyond the summer. Obviously Cahill might tell us to fuck off and the wages would be a big issue for the owner etc. All moot anyway like I suspect

I can't see Chelsea wanting to let him go, the only way I can see it happening is if Cahill throws a massive hissy fit and even then Chelsea can afford to keep him and not to play him as a warning to anyone else contemplating using the same tactic.

Edited by ewerk

I can't see Chelsea wanting to let him go, the only way I can see it happening is if Cahill throws a massive hissy fit and even then Chelsea can afford to keep him and not to play him as a warning to anyone else contemplating using the same tactic.

There's been some speculation he's off but I would be surprised too. Especially as Terry is finished

I'm certainly not doubting his talent. I'm saying that we he will have infinitely more attractive suitors than ourselves.

Ah, sorry, misinterpreted your post. He'll definitely have people after him, but it's certainly worth putting a bid in. Can't hurt, can it?

Quite a lot of Chelsea fans don't seem to rate Cahill at all and if he's looking for a move perhaps he's not rated by the manager either?

Edited by The Fish

Given that Hiddink isn't going to be there after the summer he may well hope that a new manager takes a different view, especially, as alex says, Terry is on the wayne.

A loan deal would probably suit him best but I don't see what Chelsea would have to gain from that and they aren't overstocked with CBs.

Chelsea are buying some 20 year old American CB from NY red bulls called Miazga but from the, albeit limited, games I've seen of him he's someway off Premiership level. It could perhaps be enough to convince them to let Cahill go elsewhere for 6 months (not really convinced of that mind) but even then I doubt we'd be anywhere near the top of his list.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic