The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want an established talent with good stats in better leagues.

Perez, Cisse, Gouffran, Riviere and Armstrong as our strike force worries me.

push for the champs league with that lot, man. [/pards]

We still havent spent anywhere near as much as we could or should. Even if you make peace with the fact that its the way Ashley works we still ought to go out and spend 15M on a proven goalscorer within that model.

You just need to remember two things with all of this.....

1) Ashley is a cunt

2) Pardew is also a cunt and regularly sucks him off.

Anyone have any come back on that ?

Edited by Slayer

We are still about 3-4 signings away from challenging the top 6 imo. We have improved our starting eleven in areas but we don't really have any options from the bench, we can't take off someone like Cabella and replace him with Sammy Ameobi or Obertan. :anguish:

We are still about 3-4 signings away from challenging the top 6 imo. We have improved our starting eleven in areas but we don't really have any options from the bench, we can't take off someone like Cabella and replace him with Sammy Ameobi or Obertan. :anguish:

If Pardew wasn't a twat they wouldn't even be on the bench, never mind selected from it.

First 11

Krul

Janmaat

Coloccini

Mbiwa

Santon

Tiote

Cabella

Sissoko

Ben Arfa

De Jong

Riviere

Bench

Elliot

R Taylor

Haidara

Anita

Gouffran

Colback

Cisse

Reserves

Williamson

S Taylor

Gutierez

Ameobi

Obertan

Bigirimana

Ferguson

That bench is much stronger than last season.

Have to disagree with R Taylor on the bench. imo he was mediocre before 2 very serious injuries, I'd have S Taylor ahead of him (and I think S Taylors shit these days)

Williamson maybe a better bet than either of those, with the flexibility of Santon. Much of a muchness though. All better options than Dummet though, who was our only defender on the bench going into game 1 this time last year.

If Pardew wasn't a twat they wouldn't even be on the bench, never mind selected from it.

First 11

Krul

Janmaat

Coloccini

Mbiwa

Santon

Tiote

Cabella

Sissoko

Ben Arfa

De Jong

Riviere

Bench

Elliot

R Taylor

Haidara

Anita

Gouffran

Colback

Cisse

Reserves

Williamson

S Taylor

Gutierez

Ameobi

Obertan

Bigirimana

Ferguson

That bench is much stronger than last season.

don't think colo and mbiwa work together

don't think colo and mbiwa work together

Lists were knocked together with regards to depth rather than tactics. Argument made was that the bench hasn't improved.

Put Williamson on the pitch ahead of Mbiwa (probably more likely to be the approach) and the bench remains stronger than last year.

Compare it to the first game against Man City in 13/14..

Bench

Elliot = Elliot

R Taylor > Sammy

Haidara > Dummet

Anita = Anita

Gouffran > Obertan

Colback > Marveaux

Cisse > Shola

Lists were knocked together with regards to depth rather than tactics. Argument made was that the bench hasn't improved.

Put Williamson on the pitch ahead of Mbiwa (probably more likely to be the approach) and the bench remains stronger than last year.

Compare it to the first game against Man City in 13/14..

Bench

Elliot = Elliot

R Taylor > Sammy

Haidara > Dummet

Anita = Anita

Gouffran > Obertan

Colback > Marveaux

Cisse > Shola

the squad isn't weaker than last year, which is a bonus, i still think we need a new centre half, as well as a new striker. not convinced we'll get either.

Southampton have sold Lovren for £20m. £76m income.

Feckin' knew we got screwed over when we sold im to those blue caths

/Ashley

the squad isn't weaker than last year, which is a bonus, i still think we need a new centre half, as well as a new striker. not convinced we'll get either.

Aye, think those would be nice. But I don't expect Pardew to pull up trees with more bodies than he has now really. He's got enough for another year of tedious survival...

Colback > Gosling

Riviere > Shola

De Jong <= Remy

Cabella <= Cabaye

Janmaat <= Debuchy

Gutierez > Marveaux

So we haven't replaced L De Jong as it stands, but he was a waste of space anyway.

Aye, think those would be nice. But I don't expect Pardew to pull up trees with more bodies than he has now really. He's got enough for another year of tedious survival...

Colback > Gosling

Riviere > Shola

De Jong <= Remy

Cabella <= Cabaye

Janmaat <= Debuchy

Gutierez > Marveaux

So we haven't replaced L De Jong as it stands, but he was a waste of space anyway.

So is better squad, worse first team your conclusion from that?

So is better squad, worse first team your conclusion from that?

Think the ones that are better are far ahead, so they're a vast improvement to the first team. I'm not so sure those that aren't as good are so far behind or can't even match their predecessors.

Better squad, better team, lesser individuals.. for now :)

Too late to be joining the party now, I didn't see you sticking up for me a couple of weeks ago when I ran the exclusive :D

i still think you're being over the top with the negativity. we have bought in more bodies than i thought we would.

being short of strikers is nothing new. it's the new normal under ashley so i'm not exactly seething. like HF says: another year of tedious survival beckons.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic