The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not easy getting a striker when the clubs been run on a shoestring budget we're just about even money wise with the players we've got in and the sale of Cabaye & Debuchy. They dont have to break the bank either there's plenty of money (TV, WONGA) to spend.

Whilst I don't disagree with the point about only spending what we've got back in from sales and that there should certainly be money to spend, that doesn't change my point. We were apparently in for that Lasogga and he chose to stay in Germany (it wasn't about us not being willing to put the money up), we'd like Remy but he's after a champions league team and Lacazette doesn't seem sure if he fancies coming.

Can't help but think the lack of ambition statement by the club has done us no favours either.

Not just that, it was our decision to circulate it amongst elite European clubs/players/agents that really fucked our chances.

Can't help but think the lack of ambition statement by the club has done us no favours either.

It seems to have hurt us a lot less than I was expecting. After the shite we put out I would never have believed we could have signed Ajax's captain, Hollands world cup fullback, a player from Monaco or one of the most highly rated attacking players in the ligue 1 who was called up to the French World Cup squad to replace the injured Ribery.

The lack of ambition seems to matter less to these players than a good pay rise, the chance to play in the premiership and the fact that we will allow them to move on to an ambitious club without much of a fight if they prove themselves.

Is it for 4m Aimaad? Remember reading that when they were being linked this morning.

No mention of a fee on the sites I've read the news on so far.

Edited by aimaad22

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic