Anorthernsoul

The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

I thought the general consensus was that Williamson wasn't too bad last year? That said, we were comparing him to Taylor for the most part.

I can sort of see why Pardew doesn't think it's a priority area though, given that we have two defenders in each position - our best bet is that one of the others moves on, but given Colo will likely be the first of the four to move on, that means we'll end up replacing his side of things, rather than the Taylor/Willo side.

Williamson improved compared to previous seasons but he was never more than ordinary at his best. I think he started sliding back down to shite by the end of the season.

Like Howay, I have no real problem with him as backup but he should never be a starter.

I thought the general consensus was that Williamson wasn't too bad last year? That said, we were comparing him to Taylor for the most part.

I can sort of see why Pardew doesn't think it's a priority area though, given that we have two defenders in each position - our best bet is that one of the others moves on, but given Colo will likely be the first of the four to move on, that means we'll end up replacing his side of things, rather than the Taylor/Willo side.

Williamson plays like he talks and looks. He's a fucking wet fanny, no harm to the kid but he is.

I remember him from the Bundesliga. Pretty average.

Can he even lead the line? Wikipedia suggests he plays off the striker exclusively.

Gotta say, Obertan's body looks really fit, and I mean Sissoko type of fit. Wouldn't mind seeing him give a go upfront to see how he compares with the central defenders.

When Obertan plays in the reserves it's like watching Robben, shame he turns utter dog sh*t in the firsts.

He was only 21 when we signed him, so maybe he should have gone out on loan to get games under his belt.

Gotta say, Obertan's body looks really fit, and I mean Sissoko type of fit. Wouldn't mind seeing him give a go upfront to see how he compares with the central defenders.

His (one and only) outstanding attribute is his pace but his movement is absolutely abysmal. One goal in a canny few appearances doesn't exactly suggest he's an undiscovered striker either.

@@Phil He was 22 when we signed him (he hadn't just turned 22 either) and he got plenty games when he first arrrived in the first half of that season - 18 league starts and without checking I would imagine most of those were before January. The crack was he was a 'Pardew signing' which would make sense given how persevered with him. He'll never be good enough as long as he's got a hole in arse and no amount of loan spells would've altered that. Pardew bringing him 'back into the fold' is an absolute joke.

We are linked with lascelles at Notts Forest. £3mil for a young English CB. Deal could be done tomorrow.

Karl Darlow (GK) his teammate is also linked. Both loaned back to Notts Forest for half of the season.