The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

it doesn't that arsehole williamson wears #6, numbers mean very little these days

(5 is normally a centrehalf number as well anyway)

oh yeah. I skimmed the 1-11 and spotted it was missing a midfielder. Would make sense for williamson to be 5 not 6

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apt, considering no ones filled his boots yet either.

Aye, one of the reasons Debuchy cited for wanting to leave was that he couldn't cope with the pressure of replacing a club legend like Simpson.

Aye, one of the reasons Debuchy cited for wanting to leave was that he couldn't cope with the pressure of replacing a club legend like Simpson.

Emre is the real legend in number 5. That free kick...

Cabella for Cabaye. Emmanuel Rivière for Shola Ameobi. De Jong for Loic Remy. Jack Colback for Danny Gosling. Janmaat for Debuchy. All good business, but not necessarily a squad being strengthened. More a slim squad being shored up, albeit with great potential.

On balance Newcastle must be delighted with their deals so far. I would argue a strong centre-half and a goal scorer should still be on the agenda before they can claim the squad has actually be strengthened.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-united-5-things-watch-3993759?

Simon Bird echoing what I was saying a few weeks ago and attacked for. We're right :razz:

Can you actually point to anyone who doesn't think a new striker and central defender are needed?

Edited by to dumb

Its not that far fetched to say 1-11 would normally be filled.

A squad number traditionally worn by a central defender is vacant* and you've taken that to mean we're signing a midfielder? I mean, we might be about to sign one but I just don't see how you've made that connection based on that.

(*I know the centre half position was a midfield position orignally btw)

A squad number traditionally worn by a central defender is vacant* and you've taken that to mean we're signing a midfielder? I mean, we might be about to sign one but I just don't see how you've made that connection based on that.

(*I know the centre half position was a midfield position orignally btw)

I just skimmed the 1-11, which is missing a midfielder. Cabaye wore 4 and imo has not been replaced yet.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic