The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have another player like Tiote either. We always look way less solid without him. Would be a completely idiotic move and as such one I could easily see our board sanctioning.

What would worry me is that the job he does is vital to the new signings and we've no one in the squad that can do it.

I've seen Abeid, Anita put in that role/position pre-season and while they both did ok neither could be relied upon in a competitive Premier League game.

I just skimmed the 1-11, which is missing a midfielder. Cabaye wore 4 and imo has not been replaced yet.

:lol: Put a wink on the end of some of these man.

Pardew.

“We’ve got another window to get through in the winter, which caused us damage last time. Hopefully we can conduct our business well in that window and strengthen again and if we can, we can have a great season.”
"I think we’ve been very much on the ball with transfers - if something comes along that we think is right for us, we have got scope to move. Whether we do or not will depend on the finance and whether it’s right.”
It's almost like these winter windows are like some freak weather which blows his fence down and the club can't legislate for it. Don't know whether the correct smilie is :lol: or :jesuswept:
Edited by Howmanheyman

I wonder if he even knows where 48 points would leave us in the league (historically).

I saw someone earlier (may have been Happy Face either on here or on twitter) post that it would have us finish between 9th and 13th. Surely after his supposed target last season (which we limped to at the end of the season) was 10th, 48 points isn't giving himself much breathing space for that let alone any improvement.

Edited by David Kelly

I wonder if he even knows where 48 points would leave us in the league (historically).

I saw someone earlier (may have been Happy Face either on here or on twitter) post that it would have us finish between 9th and 13th. Surely after his supposed target last season (which we limped to at the end of the season) was 10th. 48 points isn't giving himself much breathing space for that let alone any improvement.

2014 - 11th

2013 - 9th

2012 - 10th

2011 - 9th

2010 - 11th

So mid-table mediocrity is the stated target for the coming season.

You think that will aid the players?

Ohhhh boo hoo for the players, if they don't know who the boos are for or why they're happening then they can fuck off as well. To be honest I'm past caring and while there's thick cockends that still blindly ignore what's happened to our club it'll keep on happening. Fat Mike loves nothing more than building your hopes up every other season then knocking them down along with a liberal helping of sticking his cock up you tea-towel holder dry. I see that apathy has already returned for large portions of the crowd, all previous history forgotten because we've signed a few players - I'm sorry but a target of finishing mid-table, not bothering with cup competitions in case it harms our league position and the continuing bollocks spouted by the ever incompetent, slimy 'yes' man Pardew has put me off my usual fevered support of the club I love.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic