The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

He's probably been told some fans are getting carried away with their expectations, and is trying to 'manage' them. Cunt.

After he said we should be knocking on the door of the champions league.

He's bipolar man.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it not already been established that 48 points isn't the target? Pardew said it was the minimum and that we hope and dream to get much higher. It's pathetic, the same people that were moaning about Pardew saying we'll push for CL are now moaning about a fictional target of 48 points.

Llambias said this two years ago:

"I would like us to challenge for Europe year on year, and win a trophy. Last year we had a tremendous season - our goal this season is eighth and above but Alan wants to do better than fifth and our players want to do better than fifth."

12 months on from that we were being told we couldn't compete with the likes of Southampton. Fast forward another year and the stated aim is 48 points.

Progress.

Has it not already been established that 48 points isn't the target? Pardew said it was the minimum and that we hope and dream to get much higher. It's pathetic, the same people that were moaning about Pardew saying we'll push for CL are now moaning about a fictional target of 48 points.

Bu5sdHkCUAEdqpv.jpg

Dreaming of more than 48 points.

He's setting expectation at the same level as the last 10 years. That's as good as saying we're aiming to stagnate.

Thinking of Pardew checking wikipedia for the minimum standard he needs to set reminds me of the fans forum where the club did "research" to prove some point or other.

What was that about again?

EDIT: Oh aye, it was that teams going far in the cup get relegated. Divvies.

Bu5sdHkCUAEdqpv.jpg

Dreaming of more than 48 points.

He's setting expectation at the same level as the last 10 years. That's as good as saying we're aiming to stagnate.

Since when have "expectation" and "aim" been synonomous? He specifically said that we're aiming higher and yet some people get out of it that we're aim lower. Pathetic.

I don't get it because there are enough reasons to hate everyone from Pardew to Ashley without having to invent even more reasons to be angry.

Since when have "expectation" and "aim" been synonomous? He specifically said that we're aiming higher and yet some people get out of it that we're aim lower. Pathetic.

I don't get it because there are enough reasons to hate everyone from Pardew to Ashley without having to invent even more reasons to be angry.

Ironic given you're inventing stuff other people have said to try and make your point.

No, he said if we get that it will be good and we're dreaming of higher.

49 points last year was shocking considering we had 37 points with 15 games to go.

Ayoze £1.6m

De Jong £6m

Cabella £12m

Riviere £6m

Janmaat £5m

Darlow £3.5m

Lascelles £3.5m

£37.6m

Cabaye £20m

Debuchy £12m

£32m

Not exactly splashing our cash

Cabaye was sold in 13/14. The net transfer profit in that accounting period was £17.3m. That money went to Ashley who stated in the accounts that he had postponed a re-payment of loans for £18m in 12/13.

in 14/15 the net spend has been £25.8m

There's still time yet for Tiote, Ben Arfa, Krul etc to defray some of that though :)

You really dont get it do you fuck all's changed Ashley still owns the club & Pardew's still the manager.

. Do you think booing Pardew's will change the way Ashley runs the club?

At best it'll make him rethink HBA. At worst he'll get sacked and replaced with someone like Hockaday at Leeds

Crikey.

Dunno if I'd actually want any of them mind...

I'd be concerned about their wages and attitude.

Sandro, dembele, chiriches and soldado would all be good for us if the money was right imo.

We don't really need the two CMs though sandro would be good competition for tiote which we don't have so much despite having a few other CMs.

Soldado would be too expensive since hey spent a fortune on him but a season of PL experience will see him do better this year.

Chiriches is the most realistic one I think and would be a good addition to our ridiculously weak looking central defence.

Wasn't too impressed with Chiriches, but a body is better than a gap, I suppose.

Soldado was pretty poor for Spurs, I can't imagine him being any better under Pardew.

Sandro is decent I guess, but like you say, he'd be a replacement for Tiote rather than a midfield partner.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic