The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

You come across like you'd rather be right than have a good season.

Mentioned a few times that I hoped to be proven wrong. The praise being dished out for our flurry of required-but-not-ambitious transfer activity was sickening, I felt it my duty to administer reality slaps :)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add to that a litany of misrepresentations of what you and others have said.

There were people saying all the signs were pointed towards us getting a senior striker, including citing the chronicle as a source. I'd dig the quote out but it's late and i'm sleepy

Congratulations on being right about us not signing a proven striker. Nobody could have predicted that given our long record of not signing proven strikers. You're a genius.

I hate to sound like I'm trying to give advice or anything, given the worldly amounts of wisdom you so clearly possess, but, its a bit twatish to go around telling ppl 'I told you so'. Especially when what you are gloating about being right about was bleeding fucking obvious from the outset. Thanks.

Congratulations on being right about us not signing a proven striker. Nobody could have predicted that given our long record of not signing proven strikers. You're a genius.

I hate to sound like I'm trying to give advice or anything, given the worldly amounts of wisdom you so clearly possess, but, its a bit twatish to go around telling ppl 'I told you so'. Especially when what you are gloating about being right about was bleeding fucking obvious from the outset. Thanks.

Funny, I didn't see you agreeing with me at the time. If it was so bleeding obvious, why was I the only one saying it whilst everyone else was getting carried away with themselves. These people praising the club's business deserve to have my wisdom rubbed in their noses. Any future hint or suggestion of Ashley praise will get the same treatment, I'm more than willing to make the sacrifice of being 'twattish' to nip it in the bud :D

Decent display by us today and Remy will be at Kings Cross in a flash. Can't see him wanting to plod a season out with that lot.

Can't see him being there at the end of the window like, not without a pay rise or something anyway :lol: Doubt it'll be us that gets him though.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-understood-turned-down-7644421

The Magpies turned down a bid believed to be less taround 50% less than his current valuation from Lokomotiv Moscow.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cheick-tiote-could-quit-newcastle-7596511

And United could view the Tiote situation in similar manner.

:jesuswept:

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Yup, it's been far too good so far without the usual sale of a first team player. Toots and Ben Arfa to walk. No more in comings.

Debuchy?

He's worth a lot more to the team than £8mil imo. Unless we sign Grenier as a replacement (different type of player I know), I would keep him

He's 28. He's got 3 years left on his contract. We've got other players in midfield who can fill in for him in the likes of Colback and Anita. If he's on £40k a week that's £6m-ish in saved wages plus another £8m coming in.

That's not me looking at it from a football point of view (as I realise you were), it's just how I think the owner will see it.

I tend to think he'll stay though, because I think he'd want to step up in terms of the stature of club he'd be going to and I'm not convinced he's good enough for those sorts of teams (i.e. like the mooted move to Arsenal, which strikes me as a made up Twitter rumour). I agree with you about his importance to us and I don't think it would be a case of letting him go and signing a 'blue chip' striker either. I don't think the latter's planned for this transfer window irrespective of Tiote leaving.

Think Tiote's agent is pimping him out for a pay rise by the looks of it. Lots in the press this morning, it looks like its coming from somewhere like. QPR want Lassana Diarra from Moscow, if that goes through he could be off.

Days without as much as a rumor of a striker coming in.Given up on the hope for a new CB.

Anita or Colback might be able to 'fill in' for him on the team sheet but we just dont have another midfielder that can do his job as effectively as he can. I'd love to see how our midfield does with both him and De Jong alongside Cabella.

-----------------Tiote-------

--------Sissoko-------De Jong

--HBA------------------------Cabella---

That would be a wankfest but I suppose thats just not happening now.

Days without as much as a rumor of a striker coming in.Given up on the hope for a new CB.

Anita or Colback might be able to 'fill in' for him on the team sheet but we just dont have another midfielder that can do his job as effectively as he can. I'd love to see how our midfield does with both him and De Jong alongside Cabella.

-----------------Tiote-------

--------Sissoko-------De Jong

--HBA------------------------Cabella---

That would be a wankfest but I suppose thats just not happening now.

De Jong isn't a centre midfielder tbh, he would be playing off the striker, colback or Anita will definitely play if we have 3 in midfield

I hope we don't sell, I don't think we will for the price thats been reported.

On the other hand, we weren't overawed by Man City in midfield last weekend without him so I reckon we'd be ok without, just much weaker in terms of depth in midfield.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic